How to ignore extra calories available from Fitbit

Options
My new Fitbit is giving me extra calories every day. All I want to do is have My Fitness Pal ignore these extra exercise calories. Right now they're turning up in my Diary (Goal-Food+Exercise=Remaining). How do I turn this "feature" off?

Replies

• stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Unlink your accounts is the only option, unless you stay within your tdee and you will have a 0 adjustment everyday.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Unsynch it

but I don't see why you wouldn't want to eat them
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Why use the FitBit then?

You're supposed to eat them back.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just cause they show up doesn't mean you have to eat them....its nice to see how much youve burned though
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Under diary settings there is an enable negative adjustments box.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you would use a fitbit then ignore the findings... just sell it, you make money and the cals don't show up
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Under diary settings there is an enable negative adjustments box.

negative adjustments reduces your available calories if you haven't met whatever activtiy level you've set ... it keeps you motivated to move more
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them. The whole point of linking the two is to get a good idea of how many calories you're burning (your actual activity level) vs. the formulaic basal metabolic rate + your assumed activity level based on your selection. If you consistently have a bunch of calories left over at the end of the day from Fitbit, you should change your settings to a higher activity level.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    mzjenn2u wrote: »
    Just cause they show up doesn't mean you have to eat them....its nice to see how much youve burned though

if you're following MFP you have a set goal loss per week

eating back your exercise calories keeps you at that goal

having a lower net calorie is not necessarily always good .. the aim should be to fuel your body and to minimise your LBM loss whilst eating in a defecit .. not to see how quickly you can lose scale weight
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I *love* that the exercise calories earned show up on MFP . Then it's entirely up to me whether I eat them all, eat some, or eat none! It also helps me plan the day better, especially if I know I'm having a treat (like a burger and fries) for dinner - I can 'earn' those extra calories over the course of the day. :)