You are a fatty

Options
"But I don't feel fat" I replied to the doctor.
I cannot say I trusted the doctor all that much so I asked for a second opinion.
"You are ugly aswell" the doctor replied.

Well maybe the conversation with my doctor didn't quite go like that but one thing that did come out of my bi-annual health check was I needed to lose a little weight.

It has been a lofty goal of mine to drop from 88kg to below 79kg. I have to admit that this desire has been with me for twenty years. Howeve, now, armed with doctors orders I can begin on that difficult climb up to lowering my weight .

That evening I celebrated at an industrial award ceremony event by drinking loads of free champagne and wine together with wonderful buffet. Not the greatest of starts

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    What?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Oh "the last supper" syndrome. We've all been there! I wish you the best and hope you reach your goals and pick up some healthy habits in the process!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes had MANY last suppers myself . . . .
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome gpstreet and good luck with your "lofty goal to drop to below 79kg." I'm betting that with your sense of humour and the health warning to urge you forward you will succeed.

Champagne and wine together with a wonderful buffet, sounds like a perfect start to me. :D
    Now move that soon to be skinny rear end of yours and start in earnest. Here is one place to start -
    http://fit101.org/the-step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal/

Good luck.
  • SuperC_sa
    SuperC_sa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh "the last supper" syndrome.

Haha so THATS what is it :smile: Yeah plenty of those too.

One day at a time, slow and steady wins the race

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    gpstreet wrote: »
    "But I don't feel fat" I replied to the doctor.
    I cannot say I trusted the doctor all that much so I asked for a second opinion.
    "You are ugly aswell" the doctor replied.

Well maybe the conversation with my doctor didn't quite go like that but one thing that did come out of my bi-annual health check was I needed to lose a little weight.

It has been a lofty goal of mine to drop from 88kg to below 79kg. I have to admit that this desire has been with me for twenty years. Howeve, now, armed with doctors orders I can begin on that difficult climb up to lowering my weight .

That evening I celebrated at an industrial award ceremony event by drinking loads of free champagne and wine together with wonderful buffet. Not the greatest of starts

88kg? ...if you're 6'2 that's within your BMI range

maybe you should just strive to be 6'2? :wink:

Hope you enjoyed your last supper - now get down to eating less and moving more

• gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I wonder if I can buy one of those old fashioned torture racks that were used to stretch victims . :-)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You start over every single day anyway.
    You can do this and it isn't really that difficult. :)
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I wonder if I can buy one of those old fashioned torture racks that were used to stretch victims . :-)

Don't work I tried already :p
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sorry you reminded of this from my childhood.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK3bPSR3UoE
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    Yes had MANY last suppers myself . . . .

Yeah. I've had about a thousand last cigarettes too.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I would reply:

"Yes, yes I am..." :trollface:

**shows doctor the finger and walks out**
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    I would reply:

"Yes, yes I am..." :trollface:

**shows doctor the finger and walks out**

The chocolate finger ? :-)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • gpstreet
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    hyvwh17g2vdr.jpeg

What don't you understand ?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    hyvwh17g2vdr.jpeg

What don't you understand ?

You're 6'2 and 194 pounds? Being a male, that sounds about perfect.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    By the way, you may want to change your weight loss to 8 kg. When you hit your goal you are likely to gain 1-2 kg back in water weight as soon as you start eating normally again. If you keep it at 6, your actual weight loss will be 4-5.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    i use to think i was big boned, then I copped onto myself and realise i was a fat *kitten*
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sounds like the OP needs to develop LBM and reduce BF%. If the doctor thinks you are overweight I would hazard a guess that you have a high BF%.

You could try to do body recomposition but that tends to be painfully slow but it works well for some because they find it easier to adhere to and have more satiety because they are not cutting their calories overtly.

Or you could go for a cut/calorie deficit drop the fat at a faster rate and combine this with resistance training and adequate nutrition to minimize loss of LBM. Once you have gotten to a reasonable BF% you could start bulking to develop more LBM.

Some links...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789/protein-sources/p1

FYI:I think the BMI method is antiquated eg doesn't take into consideration someones waist size which is good indicator of obesity, or muscle mass. I would go by BF% if I were you.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    What?

synonSr.png