I just don't get it! *weight loss*

Options
I've just done day 13 of the 30 DS, and.... I've lost NOTHING, not even a lb. I've lost inches, can see and feel the difference but my scale won't budge?! WTH?! :( so disheartening!

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    IDK but be happy with losing inches.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'll take inches over pounds any day!!
  • KayaD
    KayaD Posts: 65
    Options
    IDK but be happy with losing inches.

oh I definitely am but my goal was to lose weight :(
  • psychodeli
    psychodeli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising as well? You might be trading fat for muscle.
  • KayaD
    Options

I'm doing the 30 day shred, extra ab workouts in the evening, walking and eating better, at least 8 glasses of water etc.
  • KayaD
    Options

oh and some people have said that but surely I should notice a little loss on the scale?
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    You are building muscle. It's waaaay heavier than fat. It will also help raise your BMR, making it easier to burn more fat. I'd be happy with that.
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've built muscle from all that exercise your doing! Be happy with your fabulous new shape and don't worry about the scales!
  • KayaD
    Options
    You are building muscle. It's waaaay heavier than fat. It will also help raise your BMR, making it easier to burn more fat. I'd be happy with that.

really? I was told it weight about the same as fat? What is BMR? :blushing:
  • 224BILL
    224BILL Posts: 29
    Options
    Stay true to the program and success will come. I have picked up on my weight training over the last few weeks but have not lost a pound either however, I am noticing the inches coming off. I know u have heard it said a thousand times "muscle weighs more than fat" and it is soi true. By building muscle you are setting the foundation of transforming your body into a fat burning machine. As you rest a muscle toned body will burn weigh more calories than someone who does not workout. Keep up the hardwork and your body will take care of the rest. Good luck with your journey!!!!!
  • KayaD
    Options
    Sounds like you've built muscle from all that exercise your doing! Be happy with your fabulous new shape and don't worry about the scales!

thanks. It's just getting me down because when I started on all for this my ultimate goal was to lose weight, know what I mean?
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did not lose a single ounce while doing 30ds, but since I finished my weightloss has gone from .5lbs a week to 1-1.5lbs a week. Keep going, it will be worth it in the end!
  • KayaD
    Options
    Stay true to the program and success will come. I have picked up on my weight training over the last few weeks but have not lost a pound either however, I am noticing the inches coming off. I know u have heard it said a thousand times "muscle weighs more than fat" and it is soi true. By building muscle you are setting the foundation of transforming your body into a fat burning machine. As you rest a muscle toned body will burn weigh more calories than someone who does not workout. Keep up the hardwork and your body will take care of the rest. Good luck with your journey!!!!!

thank you very much!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned with how I look and feel than with what the scale says. Give it a little more time. You'll get there! :flowerforyou:
  • KayaD
    Options
    I did not lose a single ounce while doing 30ds, but since I finished my weightloss has gone from .5lbs a week to 1-1.5lbs a week. Keep going, it will be worth it in the end!

you didn't lose anything while doing the shred? I got confused when you said you didnt but then said you went from losing 5lb a week to 1-1.5lb a week? Sorry.
  • KayaD
    Options
    I'm more concerned with how I look and feel than with what the scale says. Give it a little more time. You'll get there! :flowerforyou:

thank you :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    OK Kaya, first things first, let's go over the 2 parts of fitness. Exercise is important to keep your body healthy, or to get your body healthy. Exercise promotes strength, stamina, and cardiovascular fitness (among other things). But in and of itself exercise does NOT make you lose weight. Yes you burn more calories with exercise, but that doesn't automatically mean you lose weight. It's the OTHER part of fitness that helps you lose weight, nutrition.
    You didn't even mention your nutrition, which leads me to believe that you are only watching calories, maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it sounds.

Here's the plain truth, no matter how hard, how long, or how well you exercise, if you don't eat right, you'll never lose fat. While I'm on the subject, it's FAT loss your looking for, which isn't the same as weight loss. Many times the two co-exist but it is possible to lose fat while gaining muscle mass (although difficult) so you can't directly equate fat loss with weight loss.

As to gaining enough muscle mass in 13 days to counter act weight loss, ain't gonna happen, the human body CANNOT build muscle mass that fast, you probably gained a little water weight to compensate for activating existing muscle that you weren't using before.

So to sum up, if you want to know why you haven't lost weight, show us your diet and your calorie deficit. That will be the reason, not what exercise you've done.

regards,

-Bank
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    one lb of muscle=one lb of fat, not matter how you slice it, however one lb of muscles takes up this much space"--" and one lb of fat takes up this much space"
    " is a better way to describe it. Sometimes if you aren't eating enough you won't lose because your body is retaining the calories to feed your activity level. I do agree though that your metabolism or BMR will increase as you begin to workout more so your body will become more efficient in processing the foods that you fuel it with. Just make sure you're eating right and I'm sure it will start to come off.

Way to get yourself moving! There are other methods people use on here like zig-zagging (which I have not tried) calories from day to day so your body doesn't stale mate on the same amount of calories every day. It may give you the bump you need. I'm sure if you search the topics you can find a thread on it.

Good luck!
  • KayaD
    Options
    OK Kaya, first things first, let's go over the 2 parts of fitness. Exercise is important to keep your body healthy, or to get your body healthy. Exercise promotes strength, stamina, and cardiovascular fitness (among other things). But in and of itself exercise does NOT make you lose weight. Yes you burn more calories with exercise, but that doesn't automatically mean you lose weight. It's the OTHER part of fitness that helps you lose weight, nutrition.
    You didn't even mention your nutrition, which leads me to believe that you are only watching calories, maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it sounds.

Here's the plain truth, no matter how hard, how long, or how well you exercise, if you don't eat right, you'll never lose fat. While I'm on the subject, it's FAT loss your looking for, which isn't the same as weight loss. Many times the two co-exist but it is possible to lose fat while gaining muscle mass (although difficult) so you can't directly equate fat loss with weight loss.

As to gaining enough muscle mass in 13 days to counter act weight loss, ain't gonna happen, the human body CANNOT build muscle mass that fast, you probably gained a little water weight to compensate for activating existing muscle that you weren't using before.

So to sum up, if you want to know why you haven't lost weight, show us your diet and your calorie deficit. That will be the reason, not what exercise you've done.

regards,

-Bank

that makes sense. Usually I snack on fruit or something like a special k bar, 8 or more glasses of water through the day, I have one or 2 cups of tea in the evening, breakfast is special k, or wholemeal toast, lunch is fruit, wholemeal sandwich with turkey ham or something like baked beans on whole meal bread, dinner is grilled chicken, lots of vegetables and sometimes a baked potato, or wholemeal pasta. MFP gives me a goal of 1290, I usually eat around 1200.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    After i finished the 30 days the weight started coming off faster than before I started it. I did not lose anything during the month that i did the shred.