IIFYM: how to?

Options
hey everyone!
for those of you who follow the IIFYM method, do you make it so that every meal/snack fits, or just so that your macros at the end of the day fit?
thanks in advance!

Replies

• Stevie_PB
    Stevie_PB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just end of the day. It would be quite difgicult to try and make each meal fit.
    What macro have you set?
  • taylorvanhooren
    taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Esssbee wrote: »
    What macro have you set?

thats what I was hoping because my meals are always off quite a bit. one has lots of protein and little of everything else, one has lots of carbs and little of the rest, etc. and as of right now, I just have it set to what MFP gave me, haven't really had time to look to far into it yet. so it's carbs: 50%, fat: 30% and protein: 20%.
  • LiNDSEYSTUSiCK
    LiNDSEYSTUSiCK Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also new to the IIFYM method and am trying to just make sure all my macros at the end of the day fit to what it should be. :)
  • Stevie_PB
    Stevie_PB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What macro have you set?

thats what I was hoping because my meals are always off quite a bit. one has lots of protein and little of everything else, one has lots of carbs and little of the rest, etc. and as of right now, I just have it set to what MFP gave me, haven't really had time to look to far into it yet. so it's carbs: 50%, fat: 30% and protein: 20%.

I'm guessing by your avi you'd be better suited to a 40 40 20 macro. 50% carbs IMO is too much. The beauty of iifym is that you don't need yo get too hung up on meals, just days. You can even build in treats if you wish.
  • taylorvanhooren
    taylorvanhooren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What macro have you set?

I'm guessing by your avi you'd be better suited to a 40 40 20 macro. 50% carbs IMO is too much. The beauty of iifym is that you don't need yo get too hung up on meals, just days. You can even build in treats if you wish.

thanks for the tips! I actually just went online to a few sites and changed it to exactly that! I'm in school and haven't had much time for planning and figuring things out until today. I've been working out for a long time and eating "clean" but I've just recently decided to give IIFYM a try :)
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What macro have you set?

thanks for the tips! I actually just went online to a few sites and changed it to exactly that! I'm in school and haven't had much time for planning and figuring things out until today. I've been working out for a long time and eating "clean" but I've just recently decided to give IIFYM a try :)

Congrats and welcome. "one of us..one of us" *chant repeatedly.. haha

Awesome that you have been eating "nutritious" foods and now incorporating IIFYM and allowing some partial flexibility I hope. Enjoy and trust the process, you'll do just fine.

Tip: Stay within your Nutritional Requirments and within Nutritional Guidelines each day for continued success :)