Need snack ideas

Options
Starting this week at work they started a Health Summer competition. Since I sit at a desk looking at a computer all day I tend to snack on Gold Fish crackers. I am thinking that is one of my munchies that they are taking away. I need some Healthy ideas that you don't need to keep cold and can eat right at the desk. Thanks

Replies

• AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    To keep my hand out of the office biscuit tin I bring:
    Weighed measures of nuts - pistachios and almonds are particularly good.
    Berries - I love summer berries so I'm in heaven this time of year!
    Carrot sticks (bit dull but you could bring salsa to dip them in - salsa can be out of the fridge)
    I THINK Trader Joes does dried fruits that aren't loaded with added sugar
    Olives
    And if anyone reading this is in the UK, Nakd bars are great - very, very lightly processed and all raw/vegan - they're amazing
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon burst cheerios, 1 cup is like 110 calories.
  • jgover
    jgover Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    almonds
    pumpkin seeds
    grapes
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pea pods & Quaker Oat Squares are my favorite snacks!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Apple Jacks without milk.... one cup is 100 calories.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Clif mini bars. They come in lots of flavors and each has 100-110 calories. Bigger size meal bars also sold. All my coworkers come foraging for them, so I need to keep them locked up at the office. They are also great for throwing one in your purse when you run errands to keep hunger at bay. Got mine at Walmart in the Health/Fitness Bar section of health and beauty products.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    walnuts...full of good stuff especially omega 3
    apple slices
    pistachios
    almonds
    grapes
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i sometimes have a 1/3 cup dry cereal (bran or wheat flakes) . good little snack
    wheat crackers
    carrot sticks
    apple
    banana
  • Leanitra
    Leanitra Posts: 18
    Options
    Starting this week at work they started a Health Summer competition. Since I sit at a desk looking at a computer all day I tend to snack on Gold Fish crackers. I am thinking that is one of my munchies that they are taking away. I need some Healthy ideas that you don't need to keep cold and can eat right at the desk. Thanks

Try different 100 calorie packs. It will give you something to snack on as well as if you want something sweet to eat, you can have that and it will only be 100 calories.