What to do when the munchies hit?

Options
Hunger pangs. Veggies just don't do it. Suggestions! Trying to keep on track!

Replies

• kennaj0912
    Options
    Yogurt with granola, grapes, soy beans, a handful of veggie straws ( I know not the best) banana, meal replacement shake small bowl of Special K cereal. Orrrrrrrr if you've had fill of calories go for a walk read a book go to the library go for a swim play with an animal anything to keep distracted. Besides watching tv cause I find when I do that I get snacks again ha.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My fave snack are rolmops. It is a pickle rolled up in a herring. One is only 50cal and rather filling.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    pickles! steamed roasted veggies. berries.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Drink water, take a walk, do anything to get your mind off of food!
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Glass of water, fruits, nuts, etc. I know you said veggies don't work, have you tried adding hummus, salsa (not just for chips), home made dip or dressing, etc.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Celery.
    Next to no calories in it, a good source of fibre and staves off the munchies till meal time.
    Shaun.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, plain. No butter, salt, or anything else.

A giant bowl has minimal calories and you can eat it one kernel at a time, prolonging the time it takes to eat it.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I measure out nuts and put them in the snack baggies to have on hand. Then I know how much I'm eating and it's not mindless eating. A glass of almond milk with a scoop of protein powder. My new thing to stave off the 3:00 hunger pain. Seems to be working.
  • ianmckay79
    ianmckay79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pint of water for me drink it fast
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I like to enjoy a big cup of peppermint tea. What also helps is brushing your teeth...sounds odd but works surprisingly well!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I like to snack, so I plan snacks into my day...so when I feel like a snack I just have one.
  • godswill206
    Options
    I get them late night
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a grazer so I eat all day long. I just plan it into my calorie intake. Some of my go-to snacks are mini baby bel cheese, almonds, apple with almond butter
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If veggies won't do it, I don't think it's hunger. It might be a crave, stress eating, habit eating, or boredom eating. Have a deep think to the cause then have a plan to respond appropriately.

If it's a crave (For me it is dry, salty, crispy), satisfy it within reason. I use air popped popcorn pre-portioned.

If it is habit eating, try water first.

If it is stress eating, try a meditative breathing exercise or a walk.

If it is boredom eating, find something to do.

If it is getting too hungry in the afternoon, have a snack ready that satisfies.

Here's some more ideas.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    the answer to this would legit earn you a million dollars!!!!
    7500705 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try boiling black beans or chick peas (or any beans actually) and eating them as snacks! First if you're not use to it, they can taste pretty bland, but after, you will appreciate the savory taste =) And plus, they are healthy, and also serve as sources of proteins that will make you full!
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, nutts, Greek yogurt, whole grain crackers with laughing cow cheese, banana, Apple, berries.
  • brit_lah
    brit_lah Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Glass of water, fruits, nuts, etc. I know you said veggies don't work, have you tried adding hummus, salsa (not just for chips), home made dip or dressing, etc.

I was also going to suggest the hummus. Also, you could try making a dip with Greek yogurt (add spices etc. for flavor).
  • 607sara
    607sara Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I measure out nuts and put them in the snack baggies to have on hand. Then I know how much I'm eating and it's not mindless eating. A glass of almond milk with a scoop of protein powder. My new thing to stave off the 3:00 hunger pain. Seems to be working.

• megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Put down the Dooby!!! :p