Get Set Transformed!!!!

Options
rakshithk
rakshithk Posts: 10 Member
On a cold January Morning in 2011 I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror and thought “Dude!!!! You are super fat and you are OK with that, NO MORE!!!!! ”, at this point in time I was weighing about 240 pounds with waist size of 38 inches. (That’s huge!!!!!!!) :o .

uf0grvwwyva8.jpg

You would wonder if I had not looked in the mirror before. The truth is, From time to time I always got the thought in my head to lose weight and be fit but, the thought would disappear as suddenly as it appeared, but on that particular day this thought demanded action.

I stayed near the Military school where the cadets used to jog in the morning as a part of their routine; I thought I would jog with them as this would give me the motivation I so badly needed .I started off with a slow jog @ 5:30AM, I joined the cadets as they passed by my home. Barely having run for 100 mts, I was panting for breath and eventually stopped on the side of road. As I watched the other cadets jog past me, I realized that how bad my fitness was. To add to my disappointment phone was showing that I had only burnt only 10cals. I thought to myself, it takes no absolutely no effort to finish off a 400 Cal burger and gulp down 300cal soda but, to burn the same amount of calories we would have “MOVE MOUNTAINS” so to speak. My tired body induced thousand thoughts in my mind trying to convince me to give up this vain effort. But my mind was made up, I had to transform….. Even though I could not jog that day I decided to do the next best thing i.e. walk briskly, I completed about 5kms that morning. I knew that every burnt calorie count and I had to burn it off any way I can!!!

Progress was slow in the beginning, 3 months had passed since I had the epiphany to transform and I had hardly lost 4 pounds’. I had set a goal of 10kms distance to be covered everyday in any way possible i.e. Jog as much as possible I can and walk the rest at fastest pace possible (at this point of time I could do about a Kilometer before I had stop for a breather).I had given up eating “JUNK” food and only consumed health organic foods rich in proteins, fibers etc.., and nullified the intake of sugar completely. In spite of all these concessions, the lack of apparent results weakened my confidence but my will was stronger than ever, nothing would stop me from achieving my goal of total fitness. I was determined to transform even if it takes my entire lifetime to achieve.

Within 6 months, I could run 3Kms with few stops in between to catch my breath. I had lost around 18 pounds and weighed 213 pounds as result of my daily jogs. At this point any shred of doubt I had about the feasibility of my transformation was removed. I knew now that I can achieve anything as long my will works in tandem to my goal.

It was January 2012, a year had passed since my oath of transformation into a fitter being, I had dropped weight drastically and currently weighed about 180 pounds. My diet and my jogs were paying off. I had increased my jog distance to 13 – 15 Kms/Day in which I would run continuously for about 8kms and then I would take break and start the run again. I could not believe how far I had come, barely 100mts on the first day to running 8kms without a break just a year later. I still had to drop 22 pounds to my goal weight of 154 pounds. I was losing my weight slowly but steadily as I had intended, cause loosing fat too fast would not be permanent and might have unintended side effects. During this time I joined a gym to add weight training to the equation, this should add in muscle mass while at the same time increase metabolic rate which would intern accelerate fat loss.

On August 7th 2012 I stepped on the weighing scale at the gym and saw the magic number I had worked all this while, It read 153.23 pounds , all the dieting and exercise since beginning of 2011 had culminated to this.My waist measured 29.3inches. I won’t lie it was not easy, there are many times during the period where I came close to giving up. I can very confidently say it was my will that pulled me through the tough times. I felt like a soldier who won the battle, sublime of the task I had accomplished.

9eoplvcn50k4.jpg

Honestly I’ll say, I didn't take many pics when I was obese as I was ashamed of myself but, now I can’t take enough photos.

a9163gwjk47o.jpg

I have summarize all the photos from the across the timeline into this Note Sketch :)

ythauynioilg.jpg

To the people who have started off on your goal...NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

Replies

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You look great , well done !
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    wow awesome job!!!!! I struggle with running. I can barely 'drag' myself upto 100 meters and then I give up. But I can walk a lot!!! How long did it take for you to run continuously and effortlessly? Good advice and tips would help!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Look at you, you hottie!! Well done! You look so confident now. Good job!
  • RoxiesDada
    RoxiesDada Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • happiimilk
    happiimilk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd hit that with a bus. Maybe more than once! You did an amazing job! :) I'm still working on my cardio endurance! Little bits every day!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic achievement! I love that your disappointment on Day 1 of jogging didn't stop you! You look so healthy now. Brilliant! :D
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing, and you look great!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    pretty awesome. cheers to you & your success!
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    happiimilk wrote: »
    WOW! Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd hit that with a bus. Maybe more than once! You did an amazing job! :) I'm still working on my cardio endurance! Little bits every day!

Bahahaha! Now that's funny! But you have a point. He's smokin' hot!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • rakshithk
    Options
    wow awesome job!!!!! I struggle with running. I can barely 'drag' myself upto 100 meters and then I give up. But I can walk a lot!!! How long did it take for you to run continuously and effortlessly? Good advice and tips would help!!

Hi Reema,
    Running continuously didn't happen for me till almost 6 months that too i could run for only 3 km before i needed to stop for break. Within 2 years i could half marathon (i.e. 21k) . My opinion is run everyday , set a goal, jog as much as possible and then walk of the rest until you meet your goal :) i am sure one day you'll running 10k , half marathons. Trust me Only thing you require is WILL and PERSEVERANCE. Don't worry the whole community is there for moral Support :)

• rakshithk
    Options
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    You look great , well done !
    Look at you, you hottie!! Well done! You look so confident now. Good job!
    RoxiesDada wrote: »
    Well done.
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic achievement! I love that your disappointment on Day 1 of jogging didn't stop you! You look so healthy now. Brilliant! :D
    BerryH wrote: »
    Great story, thanks for sharing, and you look great!
    pretty awesome. cheers to you & your success!
    cbills65 wrote: »

Bahahaha! Now that's funny! But you have a point. He's smokin' hot!
    chesnity3 wrote: »
    Great job!

Thanks you all for you support :) i really owe my success to this community. Moral support from other members impacts the most :)
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss. Congrats :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm sure your experience will inspire others. It certainly did for me!
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! The scooter in the back bring back memories
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done lad :-) I'm doing the walk and add in bits of jogging. A wonky foot (remnants of breaking a leg) has delayed things, but short (tiny!) distances will slowly grow into long ones!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    looking great! it wasn't easy, I'm sure, but all the hard work and time has paid off! kudos
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow well done x
  • rakshithk
    Options

_QueenE_ wrote: »
    Great job on your weight loss. Congrats :)
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. I'm sure your experience will inspire others. It certainly did for me!
    Amazing transformation! The scooter in the back bring back memories
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Brilliant! Well done lad :-) I'm doing the walk and add in bits of jogging. A wonky foot (remnants of breaking a leg) has delayed things, but short (tiny!) distances will slowly grow into long ones!
    omelet2000 wrote: »
    looking great! it wasn't easy, I'm sure, but all the hard work and time has paid off! kudos
    Wow well done x

Thank you all for you support :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Your hard work paid off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!