Only 2 pounds lost over 30 days

Options
is this a good number? I was expecting more weight loss on a 1500 cal a day diet. I am 55 5' 10" 210lb trying to get down to 190. I exercise 5x a week. 3 days Olympic weightlifting and 2 days cardio. Any advise?
191. Thanks

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Hey, you lost weight, awesome!
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job on working hard! Keep at it and you'll not regret it!
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are doing a very good job. At this pace, you will have less ups and downs. Just make sure that you are logging everything accurately. I don't think you should worry about the rate at which you lose weight.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You only want to lose 20 pounds so .50 pound a week is great. That's pretty much where I am at right now (51 pounds down, another 20 to 25 to go before I hit maintenance).
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Yep, looks to be about 1/2 pound a week, which isn't too bad when you've only got 20 to go.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! 1/2 pound a week is pretty fantastic.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Are you checking measurements and bf in addition to watching your weight? Maybe you are gaining muscle too which would offset some of your weight loss.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm down to my last 7-8lbs and losing roughly 1lb a month :huh: Slow going, but I'll get there eventually :+1:
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Assuming you are accurately measuring your calories, why 1500 calories? Sounds a little low to me for your activity level.

Also did you start your exercise routine recently? Could be some weight loss is masked by water retention from the new activity.
  • NewBeginningBren
    NewBeginningBren Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You're probably building muscle which would explain why you're not losing.
  • neilmonaco
    neilmonaco Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. It helps to hear from you all.
    I have been exercising for 2 years straight and during that time was eating about 2500 cal or more a day (paleo - no counting calories) and def put on muscle. Did hydrostatic body fat test over course of 6 months and lost no fat so decided to try calorie restriction (which has worked for me in the past). I am concerned about my heavy workout plan and restricted calories but really want to cut my body fat. On 1500 I def feel hunger at times which I imagine means I'm losing weight. I check my nutrition on this app and come pretty close to full nutrient loads daily although a bit short on protein and sodium on some days. Trying to add protein with powder/bars. Otherwise strictly paleo (including offal!).
    - Any other comments/advice welcome. Glad to hear my results so far are on track. Thanks.
  • neilmonaco
    Options
    Yep, I'm down to my last 7-8lbs and losing roughly 1lb a month :huh: Slow going, but I'll get there eventually :+1:

• neilmonaco
    Options
    Thanks and congrats!
  • neilmonaco
    Options
    brenmn2009 wrote: »
    You're probably building muscle which would explain why you're not losing.

Hope so
    Thanks.