The thrive diet anyone on it?

Options
hi! I've started back up on the thrive diet. Is there anyone else eating based on that particular regiment? Whole foods... I'd like to have someone to chat with about it and keep motivated

Replies

• nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    never heard of it and here i thought i've tried every single diet that ever existed
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    no.
  • lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hehe! Thanks! It's a book and diet plan from Brendan Brazier. It's all about whole foods like making pancakes from say buckwheat flour, carob powder, dates. I made pecan burgers tonight, with pecans, sunflower seeds, cayenne pepper, coconut oil and thrown in a food processor. I did cook them but you can eat them raw I guess. I liked them.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    No idea what that is, but no.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    lilred_gld wrote: »
    Hehe! Thanks! It's a book and diet plan from Brendan Brazier. It's all about whole foods like making pancakes from say buckwheat flour, carob powder, dates. I made pecan burgers tonight, with pecans, sunflower seeds, cayenne pepper, coconut oil and thrown in a food processor. I did cook them but you can eat them raw I guess. I liked them.

Sounds like it just makes eating food complicated.

• redoakcircus
    Options
    It's a vegan diet. I bought the book when I was interested in learning more about veganism, but the recipes are complicated and take too much time for me.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I like to keep things simple...that's how I thrive. I wish you luck with it...if you're that passionate about it, and can do it for the rest of your life....then go for it.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    If you tried it, it is very simple. For two of my meals I threw everything into a food processor and then onto a pan. Doesn't get much simpler than that!
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Oh good lord this is not for the rest of my life!! I love BBQ ribs and chickens way to much committ 100%. I'm doing this to help with my weightloss and anxiety/adrenal issues and blood sugars. But thanks for all your encouragement!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Then why do it if you can't do it for the rest of your life? I am losing weight and getting healthy in a way that I plan to continue forever - with moderation, and the foods I enjoy. The reason so many diets fail...is because people stop doing what they did to lose the weight to begin with. That's why it makes sense to do something you can stick with forever.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Oh my goodness honey, I just was hoping for people who are working this regiment into their "diet" to chat with and motivate. Diet meaning your daily food regime, food intake. What eat eat everyday is called your diet! So I don't need to worry I won't stick to it because I'm an extremely healthy eater. I just wanted to incorporate this back into my life. It's pretty simple :) I NEVER gain my weight back! Never! The only time I've gained weight (25lbs) is from my previous pregnancy( and miscarriage) and then on to my next pregnancy last year!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I know what "diet" means...
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Bahahaha! Clearly! Then why type the comment you did before?! Whatever happen to helpful comments and "community support?!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    lilred_gld wrote: »
    If you tried it, it is very simple. For two of my meals I threw everything into a food processor and then onto a pan. Doesn't get much simpler than that!
    Sounds yummy.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Look in Groups doing vegan or vegetarian.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Oh thank you rodarose, I eat meat! I'm incorporating this into a few meals a day.