Mio Fuse

Options
I just purchased a mio fuse and am excited to get using it with my workouts. Does anyone else have experience trying to sync the mio fuse with myfitnesspal after workouts are done? I don't want to carry my phone in order to sync to myfitnesspal via other apps during my workout.

Replies

• matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think these no way to directly connect Mio Fuse directly to MFP(as far as i know). Tho you can sync Mio with some activity tracker app (Endomondo, Map my fitness, ...) and some of those apps do sync with MFP. This allows you to more accurately count calories while working out.

If you want to count the rest time as well, that might be a bit tricky. What i do is i set my calories to 2000. After that, i manually add as many calories, as mio calculates as "Active calories". So i usualy end up somewhere around 2500 calories.

Thats from sedentary IT manager job + weight training + a short night run before bed. If i want to gain weight in winter, i change 2000 basic cals to 2200-2300. If i want to loose weight i make it 1900 basic cals.
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks matuskap. I noticed that my Mio is giving a lower estimation than MFP for calorie burn (without active calories). Do you notice a big discrepancy between the two amounts? The Mio values seem to be in line with my settings to loose 0.5 lbs per week set for sedentary activity.
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The calories that armband counts are way under what i need to eat to maintain my weight. For example i am cutting right now on approx. 2600 calories. That inclused 20000+ steps, 5 days a wekk of weightlifting and running at least 5km a day.
    But Band counts only 2100 from days like that.
    I hope that they come up with a more sophisticated app, that will allow to manually change these settings so it becomes more accurate.
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ok its good to know it wasn't just me. I think I will stick to the MFP recommendations and use the mio to estimate workouts and work within the target HR ranges.
  • atj612
    atj612 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When not using heart rate data, Mio FUSE grossly underestimates calories burned, even when compared to other bands such as Fitbit.

For example, one day it clocked 7654 steps but active calories (i.e. calories burned on top of resting metabolism) as only 14! Yes. 14. That included a 30 minute walk with the dogs. If I do the same walk with heart rate on (i.e. as a workout) it tells me I have burned 74 calories for the walk alone. Note that if I do the same walk with my Garmin watch and HR monitoring Garmin reports over 100 calories.