How to track weight if I only go number 2 twice a week?

Options
There's really no way for me to accurately track my weight due to that, right? I usually go every 4 days or so so I'd be holding a lot of water and whatnot. I do eat a lot of fiber, too, so I'm not sure why this is.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'd weigh after you go to the loo. Once a week.
    I would be looking into why you're only going every 4 days. That is quite literally a lot of crap to be holding inside of you..
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Or just weigh your self the same time and day each week. Might go up or down but a trend should form showing a loss of weight.

Also maybe see a doctor,or am I weird for going to the toilet every day?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ummm. Really?

So how much do you think stool weighs? Just weigh yourself and start tracking your scale fluctuations

And move more

Twice a week is as normal as daily if that's normal for you
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    CDOOB112 wrote: »
    There's really no way for me to accurately track my weight due to that, right? I usually go every 4 days or so so I'd be holding a lot of water and whatnot. I do eat a lot of fiber, too, so I'm not sure why this is.

Really?........ Really?
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Actually, webMD says that "going" as infrequently as once or twice a week is perfectly normal.

As far as weighing yourself goes, if you are concerned about also weighing the weight of your stool then only weigh yourself right after you "go!"
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    You may want to look into your eating plans and nutrition.. Yes, it can be 'normal' ^ (as some say) but normal isn't always good.
    Slow bowl movement usually means there are certain factors missing in a diet regime, that thing could be as simple as a lack of fiber. I don't know what it could be personally, but if I were you, I'd visit a doctor just to make sure your body isn't deprived in important nutrients.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You may want to look into your eating plans and nutrition.. Yes, it can be 'normal' ^ (as some say) but normal isn't always good.
    Slow bowl movement usually means there are certain factors missing in a diet regime, that thing could be as simple as a lack of fiber. I don't know what it could be personally, but if I were you, I'd visit a doctor just to make sure your body isn't deprived in important nutrients.

Why isn't normal good ? It's seriously only worth seeing a medic if there has been a change in bowel movement or you feces are unusual (see Bristol Stool Chart for different types ...yes, that's a thing)

I am also an infrequent defecator and proud of it :bigsmile:
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So why is your bowel movements stopping you from weighing yourself. I daresay that many of us have one in the chamber when we weigh ourselves. Also, go to a doctor and get that looked at.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Why isn't normal good ? It's seriously only worth seeing a medic if there has been a change in bowel movement or you feces are unusual (see Bristol Stool Chart for different types ...yes, that's a thing)

I am also an infrequent defecator and proud of it :bigsmile:
    Same here. Who wants to be crapping all the time anyway?! I guess some could say we're full of it :smiley:

• myfatass78
    Options
    It is really annoying when you weigh heavy in the morning, eat breakfast and then have to go.!!!!
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    You can weigh in daily and get the average for the week.

Just plot a trend line. At least a month would be better.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I only "go" once eceryt 3-4 days. I just weigh anyway and log it. My official weigh-in is Sunday morning and I don't care if I have crapped or not. I only lose 100-200g taking a dump.
  • myfatass78
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Yes I do that. I use TrendWeight. It is great. It gives you stats as well.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »

Excel baby. Excel.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »

Excel baby. Excel.

Old skool
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't go every day most of the time (some days i go twice a day and then i might not go again for the next few days) and i have been like that since i was a child but my weight has been steadily going down so i don't see it as a problem for losing weight.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a problem. The body only holds so much in the gut and when we eat more it tends to release more. So, how often that is doesn't really change the weight of what's in it much.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Hell, I wish I had that problem. I go multiple times a day and I hate it.

I encourage you to eat more fiber, fruit and veggies.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I went to hospital once because I was on day three of not going.... I was in so much pain, it felt like I had boulders covered in spikes trying to pass through me :s Any longer than 2 days and guaranteed I'll be doubled over in pain!
    Which is why I make double and triple sure I get plenty of fibre everyday.
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

It doesn't necessarily have anything at all to do with dietary factors. There are numerous other factors that could be involved, and as a matter of fact, if this is something that the OP has only recently begun to experience, it's actually unlikely that it's due to dietary reasons (unless, of course, the OP has also changed their dietary habits recently.)