30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• MomMaggie
    MomMaggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started today, I really liked it! I do it in the mornings (too busy with kid stuff in the evening). I like how quick it goes by.lol I noticed a lot of people saying they do it while watching tv or listening to music, I think I'm too uncoordinated for that.lol
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just thought I'd drop a motivational message for you all who are doing 30DS - stick it out to the end, you won't regret it! I have completed it 3 times now, each time with slightly heavier weights. I was doing it 4-5 days a week, each level 8 or 9 times, and got great results. Got stronger, lost a couple inches from my hips and waist, and have visible muscle definition in my shoulders. Now I just do the odd workout from different levels now and then, along with some of her ripped in 30 workouts, in between my running training and stuff. Personally, I find level 2 the hardest, and level 3 is my favourite. Keep it up, it will be worth it. Trust me it took me ages before I completed it even once, i'd always give up on level 2, but once I stuck it out (with the help of another MFP 30DS group) the results were good enough that I wanted to repeat it. So hang in there! :)
  • kellyframe31
    kellyframe31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Today will be my first day but I'm in. I have never done this workout before but I hope to stay on track with the help of all of you. I also enjoy running and this looks like a great add on. Good luck everyone!
  • leanneyeomans
    leanneyeomans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I'm starting mine Wednesday as im out all day today and tomorrow. Determined to keep it up for the 30 days, I'm gonna do this and try go to the gym too :o
  • kellyframe31
    Options
    How do you enter your activity for the 30 day shred on your MFP?
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 8, level 1. I was able to do more girl pushups and my hrm showed I burned 137 calories, as opposed to the 110 that was the average. I guess I worked harder today.
  • jadior
    Options
    I use a hrm, but I heard some people enter it as circuit training.
  • kellyframe31
    Options
    @jadior thank you. I guess I need to get one. ;)
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How do you enter your activity for the 30 day shred on your MFP?

I've used this thread to answer that question: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/681571/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/p2

• kellyframe31
    Options
    @DaneanP‌ thank you.

Just finished day 1 lvl 1.....
  • vedunne2015
    vedunne2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lvl 1 day 4- today I can walk without looking like I just gave birth, but the muscles in my lower legs are on fire during the cv parts of the work out. Real sharp burning pains. Anyone else??
  • kellyframe31
    Options
    My back is sore along with my thighs. However I haven't even done lvl 1 day 2 yet. I will do tonight after I get back home.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of level one. Finally!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    jadior wrote: »
    Just finished day 7, lv 1. I was able to do a few more girl push-ups. Also jumped on my elliptical but was only able to crank out 10 min. I'm wiped out. Guess I'll take a rest day tomorrow. I havent had one yet.

It's amazing how fast your strength builds. When I started I could barely do 1 push up now I can do 10 in a row.
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have done the entire 30 days and started again after a few months,i totally love Shred. The 25mins I can manage to squeeze in, in the morning before work and kids sch runs. Great results when combined with healthy eating, now am just doing only level 2 and 3 alternatively.
  • crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 1. I feel so sore. I am determined to finish the 30 days this time though. My husband and son both think I won't make it.
  • missionYCO
    missionYCO Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 1. I feel so sore. I am determined to finish the 30 days this time though. My husband and son both think I won't make it.

You got this! 30 days will go by so quick. :)
  • lisyg3737
    lisyg3737 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started today. How's it going for you?
  • jadior
    Options
    missionYCO wrote: »

The soreness wears off after a few days. Or at least it did for me at about day 4
  • kellyframe31
    Options
    I completed day 2 lvl 1 last night. I run a mile either before or after the workout, once after,once before. Any ideas on what would be best or if it even matters?