Hitting that wall ...

Options
Tracejh
Tracejh Posts: 144 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi all.
In 30 days I've managed 16 lbs which I'm thrilled about but this week I'm struggling. I feel like I could eat anything that's put in front of me. My will power has up and left the building. I know I need to get my *kitten* back in action but im going away to Edinburgh for a weekend and it's gonna be hard ... Help !!!!

Replies

• HTECHS
    HTECHS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is a life long journey, not a sprint Trace. You've had some extremely rapid weight loss for 30 days... which means that your next 30 are going to seem like a serious disappointment. Just keep on track long term with your intake/output and make sure you're putting in the effort!

• Tracejh
    Options
    aps11090 wrote: »
    This is a life long journey, not a sprint Trace. You've had some extremely rapid weight loss for 30 days... which means that your next 30 are going to seem like a serious disappointment. Just keep on track long term with your intake/output and make sure you're putting in the effort!

Thanks ... I always lose vast amounts at first. Then I get disheartened. To be honest this site's actually helped me by enabling me to log food ... just need support I guess.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    16 lbs is amazing so don't lose sight of that this is a lifestyle change so we have to learn to adjust our mindset both in Regards to eating and working out as well as what surprises the scale may have in store for us. You lost about 4 lbs per week during your first 30 days so now your body may be resetting itself don't be disappointed if you don't continue to see that rate of loss. Even if you stay at the same weight for a while Just be patient and what ever you do don't give up now keep your eye on the prize!!
  • Tracejh
    Options
    Thanks @melly0405‌ ... I can see a slimmer me. :) It's just breaking the back of it.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling isn't it? Hold on to that feeling and don't let discouragement get the best of you!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you are being overly restrictive and are setting yourself up for failure?