Weights,exercise mat,resistant bands & exercise ball

Options
I am looking for beginners workouts using all these different things. I would appreciate any input such as videos to look for and any other suggestions

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Les Mills offers a bunch of programs (Body Pump, CxWorxs, BodyVive, Body Balance, Body Jam). Change them up daily.

Or just do a basic you tube search for whatever you want to do that day: Beginner weight routine, beginner exercise mat routine, beginner resistance band routine, beginner exercise ball routine.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You can get DVD info at collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com

Total Fitness lets you search by workout type. Here's the stability ball list: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/191.htm

My favorite beginner DVDs for resistance bands - Stephanie Huckabee's Power Fit. This has several 20 minute workouts, # depends upon set you choose. These should be very reasonable on Amazon. Video clip here: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/PowerFit-5-DVD-set-with-band-Stephanie-Huckabee-p/1045.htm

Many mat workouts are going to be yoga or pilates.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Check out FitnessBlender.com, and use their search feature to find workouts that use those items or just body weight. You can also specify difficulty, length of workout, etc. They have over 400 free workouts - great site!
  • sheilaflocco4
    sheilaflocco4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried some exercises on my mat this morning and didn't last long couldn't lie flat, killed my back and after only working at it for 7 minutes got totally out of breath. I think until I lose some of this belly I need to work exercises that can be done standing up and working with weights
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I tried some exercises on my mat this morning and didn't last long couldn't lie flat, killed my back and after only working at it for 7 minutes got totally out of breath. I think until I lose some of this belly I need to work exercises that can be done standing up and working with weights

Google....standing pilates or standing abs. There are also videos for larger people too: Mega Yoga, Just My Size Yoga (and Pilates) and HeavyWeight Yoga

Seated exercise is another avenue to try....videos for that too.

Are you getting cardio in? I really like Walk At Home videos by Leslie Sansone. These are great for building up endurance. You can easily go at your own pace (because there is no choreography).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Walking does wonders for the body and is a simple efficient exercise
  • KristyRunyon81
    KristyRunyon81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try this YouTube playlist. It is called launchpad. It starts seated and works it's way up to standing. It really has helped me get started.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness Beginner bodyweight routine.
    As it gets easier, add weights.

If you can't do the planks, you can look up other core exercises to do using your stability ball.
    If you can't do pushups, start at an angle, like against the wall, and lower than angle (using a counter, table, the stairs, etc) until you're completely flat.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos on youtube. its all walking videos but good way to start.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    Very true, and a good place to start!
  • sheilaflocco4
    sheilaflocco4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try this YouTube playlist. It is called launchpad. It starts seated and works it's way up to standing. It really has helped me get started.

Thank you so much for this, now I know I can get going and not overdo it at first
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

^^^^^This^^^^^ I have been going to the gym regularly for years but when it came to walking my dog I would use any excuse to take him for the bare minimum walk. To hot, too cold, too rainy etc. Now through portion control (I weigh everything that goes in my mouth) and walking about 10 km a day I am down almost 35 pounds since January 5. I still go the gym of course.