inches

Options
I have lost 13 lbs (171 to 157.6, F,60 yo) but not one iota of inches. HELP!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Where are you measuring? Cos it could come off from anywhere

Also the tautness of your measuring tape matters

How are your clothes fitting? Are they looser at all?

How's your face? Thinner? Eyes bigger? Cheekbones?

Don't know how tall you are but it will show ...keep doing what you're doing its a great loss
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    All of the question above are good.

Also, since you are an older female if you are cutting calories too drastically, not eating enough protein and/or not doing some form of strength training you may be losing muscle and bone along with fat. It's very important to consider muscle and bone density retention after menopause.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Don't know how tall you are but it will show ...keep doing what you're doing its a great loss
    ^^^this.
    I measure:
    bust, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and biceps. Some people also measure shoulders, neck, low waist and high hip. The more you measure, the more you'll see yourself lose. I've been very surprised by some of my losses - wouldnt have known at all without measuring...
  • patwood3469
    patwood3469 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Clothes are not any looser though I do believe my face is a bit thinner. I have been measuring waist chest hips. I will try adding a few more areas. Great response about not exercising, I do believe you hit the nail on the head as I have done no strength training at all and you are probably right about bone and muscle. Thank you, starting to work out today!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Clothes are not any looser though I do believe my face is a bit thinner. I have been measuring waist chest hips. I will try adding a few more areas. Great response about not exercising, I do believe you hit the nail on the head as I have done no strength training at all and you are probably right about bone and muscle. Thank you, starting to work out today!

If it makes you feel better, I didn't start noticing any difference in my clothes until I'd lost about 30lbs, and even then it was only tight clothes like jeans. I still wear all the tops and jumpers and stuff that I wore before when I was 50lbs heavier and can't notice any difference in how they feel. And yeah more measurements might help, you might find you're losing on your arms and thighs more.
  • patwood3469
    patwood3469 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I did exercise this AM for the first time in AGES, and I will start taking more measurements.
  • nivi_r
    nivi_r Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the same problem. 8 kilos gone, only 2 and a half inches gone. I measure neck, bust, frame, waist, hip, thighs (upper and lower). I am F,32, 5'8".
    12061491.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Points to measure

Neck
    Bust
    Narrowest waist
    Waist around naval
    Bicep
    Wrist
    Thigh
    Calf
  • nivi_r
    nivi_r Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Rabbitj. I will start measuring the new points as well.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

^^^this.
    I measure:
    bust, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves and biceps. Some people also measure shoulders, neck, low waist and high hip. The more you measure, the more you'll see yourself lose. I've been very surprised by some of my losses - wouldnt have known at all without measuring...

I measure bust, ribcage, narrowest waist, widest abdomen, thigh, calf, Neck, wrist, and hips. I think that about covers it