Meal Planning

Options
I would like to have a way to plan my meals for the week. I need structure and would love to be able to get the nutritional information while I'm planning my meals, shopping, etc. and not have to retract things because they ended up being too much.

I love MyFitnessPal. I think it is a truly helpful tool.

Replies

• Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of great blogs that have nutritional info - skinnytaste and cooking light come to mind. Also, you could do what I do - i look at websites with 'light' meals, and i then use recipe importer to get it in the MFP, which then calculates calories. Once its in your system, you can log it wherever it makes sense for you.

I've never needed to make it so extreme though - I always eat between 150-300 cal for breakfast (oatmeal plus something daily), for lunch I keep it simple too - small leftovers or a wrap - usually 250-400 calories. Dinner is usually 450-600. That gets me, on the high end, 1300 cal. I only eat 1200 daily, but I never eat the highest calories for every meal, and usually end up around 1000-1100; which leaves room for a snack. If you get a sense of how you eat, and limit some of the variables (always eating the same breakfast, etc) it gets really easy to manage your cals for the meal you do cook,etc