Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV: Smaller than the average American woman!

MyNameIsNotBob
MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
When I started this journey, I was definitely larger than the average American woman.

Now, I'm smaller! Still a few pounds to go, but getting closer every day.

And I just ordered some new 10s to replace my too-big 12s and 14s!

Here's the CDC stats if you're interested... they include men's averages, too:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/bodymeas.htm

Replies

• lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    That is so cool! :glasses: Way to go!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Cool, that's an awesome realization. Also thanks for the link
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Woohoo! Congrats on becoming a little lady!
  • That's awesome! Congrats on being smaller than average, and shopping for smaller than average clothes!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Congrats, and also remember, those stats were taken from 2003 to 2006, so I think you are probably even lower than you think. I had heard that obesity was continuing to rise, so average weight is probably more now.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    You are the anti- Lake Woebegone!!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    You are the anti- Lake Woebegone!!

Well, I'm still smarter than average. ;)
  • Jaselygirl
    Jaselygirl Posts: 74 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the info as well. :D
  • Good for you!
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    wow the average waist circumference is 37 inches?!?!?!? holy cow!!! glad to see i'm smaller than the average woman too :)

congrats!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    I'm very surprised to see the average waist is 37 inches! WOW. That isn't much smaller than my hips.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    I'm very surprised to see the average waist is 37 inches! WOW. That isn't much smaller than my hips.

I know! But I think it's because only something like 8% of women are hourglass-shaped. Most are apple or banana... which means their waists aren't significantly smaller than their hips. Was that in that link or did I read it somewhere else? I think I've also read that a waist of more than 32 inches is a risk factor for certain diseases. ??? Sorry, I don't have the links for that info. right now, but it's in my head for some reason.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!