Weight Loss and Baby Loss

Options

Replies

• sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My journey is not over but I still wanted to post this in the Success Stories category. I guess I have been overweight my entire life. When I was younger (middle school and high school) I thought I was very overweight, but looking back now I think I was just slightly overweight. But as an adult I really gained a lot.

In January 2012 I decided to get it together. I somehow found MFP and it changed my entire life. My starting weight was 208. By September 2012 I was down to 148. I felt awesome. During this time period my husband and I were also trying to get pregnant with a second child. We already had one little boy. In May 2012 I found out I was pregnant, but at my first Dr. appointment they told me it was a Blighted Ovum. Which means there is a gestational sac but no fetus inside. I had to take pills that caused my body to miscarry. I was very sad and disappointed but I still kept on with my weight loss.

As soon as I could, we started trying to pregnant again and I actually got pregnant right away. We found out we were having a girl and we were so excited. My due date was June 27, 2013. On June 16th (Father's Day) I didn't feel right and I couldn't remember the last time I felt my baby girl move. The next morning I was given the devastating news that there was no longer a heartbeat. So on June 17th at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant I gave birth to a perfect and beautiful still born baby girl we named Jozie. To say this is the worst thing that can happen to someone is an understatement. If you have not lost a child you will just never know.

With how terrible this experience was my husband and I both wanted to start trying for another child as soon as I could. So in September 2013 we started trying again. 10 months later I found out I was pregnant. But unfortunately at 7 weeks, I miscarried. Again we started trying as soon as we could. I would have actually been due in about 2 weeks had we not miscarried.
    Each month I find out I'm not pregnant has been agonizing. Secondary infertility has added an entire new level of grief on top of grieving over my daughter.

In November 2014 I decided to get it together again. I thought maybe if I am losing weight then it won't be so devastating every month I'm not pregnant. And I was right! Don't get me wrong, I still get really sad and angry every month, but it isn't the end of the world for me anymore like it used to be. Since then I have lost about 25 lbs. My current weight is 172.

I write this in hopes that I can reach out to other baby loss mamas (and daddies) who need any help or support. You are not alone!

Hi
    I lost a boy at 40 weeks pregnant, same story...
    I gained a lot after, and in the following pregnancy too. Then I lost it all after. I have since had three more babies, all healthy and fine and I have lost all the weight between each and all the pregnancies.
    Bottomline: there can be a happy end!! And I wish you all the best to experience your happy one after all the darkness.
  • loxottica
    loxottica Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss... I also had 2 miscarriages. My first one was at 12 weeks then my second one was at 11 weeks and that one was a Blighten Ovum. I gained a lot of weight with both pregnancies and going through a terrible depression because of the losses. I finally did get pregnant again and had my beautiful rainbow baby :) I am now focused fully to my mental well being as I'm battling post partum depression and I'm also fighting the bulge! I have to say I'm winning both battles. Weight loss has been slow but its still a loss !

Hugs to you and all the ladies that have had miscarriages.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats:
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 208
    CW: 172
    GW: 135

Weight 208+
    yxgus9jotb56.jpg

Around 170
    gip6w301apc1.jpg

5sflvestxyov.jpg

Back up to about 190
    o6i0y5i5a4ym.jpg

And today at 172
    0kk0k580duo0.jpg
    I had two miscarriages back to back in 2011/2012 I now have a happy healthy 2 year old boy. Have you had your theories levels checked? That's what caused my miscarriages. It will happen again for you! Friend me if you want and we can motivate each other!!!!!
  • jokamaiale
    jokamaiale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! I wish you much luck and happiness ahead. I am sorry for your loss.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about yourself is so important, it will help you balance your life, in good times and bad. I'm so sorry you experienced the losses that you have, I also had several and it is devastating. BUT - I managed to keep trying and had two other healthy children, so don't give up, enjoy your life and cherish what you have.
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hugs mama. I have been pregnant 6 times and have 2 little girls. I understand the devastation of repeated losses. The heart break. The overwhelming sadness. My youngest is 10 months old and I am currently trying to lose the baby weight again. Slowly but surely it is coming off!

I posted this just before I got pregnant with my youngest daughter.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1043538
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. What you have gone through is so hard...but I am glad you have had the courage to share as it happens to more women than will admit. Keep staying healthy....whatever will happen will happen and at some point it will all work out for the best for you and your family.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Let me first say, wow. You're beautiful! Just stunning! Secondly, I'm so absolutely sorry to read your story. What a tragedy. I've had 3 miscarriages myself. Those are hard enough, I can't even imagine having a stillborn. I've also struggled with secondary infertility. It took two years to get pregnant with my daughter. I still remember the devastating anger and heartbreak every month when you don't get a positive. I hope and pray the best for you and your husband! Blessings to you! You've come so far!
  • gentryatkinson
    gentryatkinson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Once again thank you all for your beautiful words. You have no idea how it lifts my spirits. Love to all.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You are amazing.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. You are so strong and an inspiration! You look incredible!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for sharing! I have had a blighted ovum and two other miscarriages. It is devastating. Shortly after my 2nd miscarriage like a week or two I found I was pregnant very early on and then the bleeding started! I thoughtI ccannot lose him! I knew it was a boy! I did everything not to lose him! And luckily he is here today and I am so blessed! He is 11 m o now and I cherish our every day together. I had a miscarriage after him just 2 months ago and didn't know I had been pregnant as I was exercising which caused the seperation. But I cherish all my living children 3. And my angel babies 3. They are all blessings and I know I will see them again;)
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and living life.
    ... To say this is the worst thing that can happen to someone is an understatement. If you have not lost a child you will just never know. ...
    I barely remember memories of memories of my sister Agnes who died when I was only three years old (she was eight), but I do have a clear memory of the night she died, which was was terrifying. And while I do not remember her well, looking back over the many years since, I see how Agnes' death continued to have such a profound and devastating effect on my parents and the rest of our family. It is indeed a devastating loss that cries out for life.
  • gentryatkinson
    Options
    @robertus so perfectly well said. Thank you.
  • cluffgirl
    cluffgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just found this as I was searching for something to help me. I just lost my baby boy 2 weeks ago, he was stillborn. I'm still very shocked and hurt right now, and am having a hard time keeping myself healthy. It is so hard to have the saggy body of someone who just gave birth, with no baby to hold. I'm beginning trying to loose the weight I gained this pregnancy, so that I can try for another baby again. I have had 6 pregnancies and 3 kids so far, and I want to be very healthy before trying again. I wasn't too overweight this time, but I don't want to have any guilt if something goes wrong again. I want to know I did everything in my power to have a healthy pregnancy! Thank you for sharing your story, I can relate almost exactly to yours.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this, cluffgirl. I hope you have some good emotional support to help you through this time.
  • gentryatkinson
    Options
    Cluffgirl I am so so sorry!! Please message me anytime if you need someone to talk to. There are several FB pages that have helped me tremendously: the MISS foundation, CarlyMarie, and still standing magazine. Again, so sorry for your loss. Being as healthy as we can be is the best thing for our mind and body. Many hugs and prayers to you.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sorry for your loss i know the pain very well :(
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @gentryatkinson I am so sorry for your losses. I, too, have found myself here after loss, though not full term like yours. That is so, so hard. I would be due June 28, but instead I lost Cohen on Feb 17 at 21 weeks. It was my 30th birthday. You're right in saying it's the worst imaginable heartache, and you wouldn't understand without having been through it yourself. I had an aquantance lose her twin boys two weeks before my loss, and even then I couldn't grasp the feeling until I found myself there. After having two completely normal pregnancies, and two perfect little boys, I never imagined it would happen to me....not that anyone does...but the pregnancy worries that you have when you first become pregnant were all completely gone for me now that this was my third time around. I, too, have turned to getting healthier and it's been amazing for my mental wellbeing. In the past I've heard people say that the gym is the best therapist...I thought it was silly, but I totally get it now. It still hurts to think about him and what could have, or should have been, but this route I've chosen has helped me so much. I'm 40 days in on MFP and have lost about 13#. Thank you for taking the time to share your story.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    cluffgirl wrote: »
    I just found this as I was searching for something to help me. I just lost my baby boy 2 weeks ago, he was stillborn. I'm still very shocked and hurt right now, and am having a hard time keeping myself healthy. It is so hard to have the saggy body of someone who just gave birth, with no baby to hold. I'm beginning trying to loose the weight I gained this pregnancy, so that I can try for another baby again. I have had 6 pregnancies and 3 kids so far, and I want to be very healthy before trying again. I wasn't too overweight this time, but I don't want to have any guilt if something goes wrong again. I want to know I did everything in my power to have a healthy pregnancy! Thank you for sharing your story, I can relate almost exactly to yours.

This. All of this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!