Goal Met! 60 pounds lighter!

Options
In the middle of August, 2014, I weighed 260 pounds. The pictures to the left are pictures my sister took, posing with my nieces and nephew.

I think that everyone who chooses to lose weight has a moment when they decide they don't want to be heavy anymore. When I saw those pictures posted on Facebook, I decided enough was enough. During that visit, I was introduced to the myfitnesspal app. My uncle used it as a part of his recovery from a heart attack, and I was told it was a great calorie counter.

So, that's what I did. I counted each and every calorie that entered my mouth. I measured everything. I didn't cheat, not even for one day, because doing so I would be cheating myself.

Looking in the mirror now, I honestly can't believe I have gotten to this point. It didn't happen overnight, and oh boy, I had food NIGHTMARES. I would dream I would break down, and buy a whole cheesecake and just eat it in one sitting. And I would wake up, stress out about it, and then be thankful it was a dream.

But I'm not special. I'm not astounding. I don't have iron will. I didn't go the the gym once. I was just very honest with what I was eating, and I changed some habits. Smaller portions, and for the stuff I loved the most (chips) I found low calorie alternatives.

Now that I'm 200 pounds, I'm going to set another goal to get down to 185 or so. But I know I can do it now. Nothing is going to stop me!

gmoyj0y9ir45.jpg

Replies

• Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great work!. Congrats on your loss and good luck with your next goal! :smile:
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • khalinel
    khalinel Posts: 27
    Options
    Awesome job! You are an inspiration.
  • StephenCyrus
    StephenCyrus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nice going!!!
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • infernocanuck
    infernocanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an awesome job! Great going!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you - and without even stepping into a gym. Great job. Congratulations.
  • infernocanuck
    Options
    Kudos to you - and without even stepping into a gym. Great job. Congratulations.

I was so embarrassed to enter a gym, incredibly self-conscious. But now that I've slimmed down due to diet, I think it's time to add some exercise into the mix. I sure have the energy for it now!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    OP: you are my doppelganger. I started the same month at the exact same weight and have lost almost the exact same amount (62). Other than the fact that my kids are grown and you're better looking, we're indistinguishable.

• infernocanuck
    Options
    OP: you are my doppelganger. I started the same month at the exact same weight and have lost almost the exact same amount (62). Other than the fact that my kids are grown and you're better looking, we're indistinguishable.

That's awesome! A big "great job" to you my fellow weight-loos doppleganger! Both you and I know exactly what it was like :)
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I was so embarrassed to enter a gym, incredibly self-conscious. But now that I've slimmed down due to diet, I think it's time to add some exercise into the mix. I sure have the energy for it now!

That's so great - both that you have more self-confidence and more energy!! Congrats on the transformation... 60 pounds is no small feat!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done lad!
  • sophadams17
    sophadams17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • nogutsnoglory7
    nogutsnoglory7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look fabulous ;):p
  • tammyjoymccrea
    tammyjoymccrea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I didn't cheat, not even for one day, because doing so I would be cheating myself.

It's so true, isn't it? You can't predict what that moment will be when you say "enough is enough!" Way to take charge of your life! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You've done such a great job! I'm glad your sister took those photos, I'm sure it really helps to look back on those and appreciate how far you've come.
    I had the same food nightmares a little while after I stopped eating meat. I would dream I ate meat and had failed myself and my goals, haha. Isn't it interesting how our dreams make us face what we worry about in the background?
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!