Zumba friends

Options

Replies

• dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I adore my Zumba! I do it 3-4 times a week atleast!! Makes me smile! :bigsmile:
  • dustflyin
    dustflyin Posts: 12
    Options
    Just bought zumba for my wii yesterday and I'm a total zumba newbie! It was a Pretty good workout just at the 20 minute easy class! Took a few tried before I got the steps down but it's really fun once you get it down! Love hearing all the sucess stories o losing inches! Trying to lose this post baby jelly belly! Lol! Feel free to add me to the zumba fans list :)
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have zumba for ps3-I love it. It is a great workout for me and I am having lots of fun. Really-I would be too embarrassed to do those moves around others-not much of a dancer or social person so at home works great for me. I am doing it 6-7 times a week for the last month.
  • MomAlcott
    MomAlcott Posts: 4
    Options
    Love Zumba . I have been doing it since September 2x a week at our local community center! Our instructor is amazing we all feed off of her enthusiam & energy she is a true motivator - I would love to try the wii game especially during the summer when there are no classes; but you should try out a class as well l it's just too much fun especially when you have a good instructor!!
  • jenn9253
    jenn9253 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have went to Zumba class twice now (once a week). I love it! However, Thursday night I rubbed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot :frown: so I'd like to ask "are there any shoes that are best to wear for this class?" I wore my regular Rebok tennis shoes that I wear when I run/walk and I've never had problems with them before. Thanks!
  • mannagayle
    mannagayle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I go to 4 classes a week and have lost 25 lbs since jan!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have just discovered Zumba Fitness and am happily optimistic. I purchased it for myself for a Mother's Day gift and did 2 - 20 minute Beginner/Intermediate sessions on Saturday. I did other things during the week and started to lose my enthusiasm around Wednesday and did not work out at all Wed & Thursday. On Friday (yesterday), my town's community center did a Zumba dance party fundraiser event and I made myself go [and took my 12 year old daughter with me] and we worked out for 2 hours. At the end of the work out we were sweating pretty good and my daughter said remarked how quickly the 2 hours had passed. Admittedly, we didn't know some of the steps and sometimes it was hard to just keep up as the routines changed but everyone we spoke to at the end of the class said they had the same problem at the beginning and they were catching on in no time and many were coming back 3-5 days a week! I got up this morning and was a little sore but I still felt good enough to do 30 minutes of Zumba and am feeling good knowing I got some real exercise in and I still have the whole day ahead of me. Let us know how you do!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have zumba for the ps3 and I love it.
  • crshinn
    crshinn Posts: 23
    Options
    I just got back from a Zumba class at the gym and read this post. Zumba is the most fun workout I have found. I go to two or three classes a week and have done one Zumbathon for charity. I love, love, love it!!!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am a zumba addict after 3 classes!! Feel free to add me as a friend! Is anyone in souther san diego...and a memeber at 24hr fitness??
  • MonaIsaak
    MonaIsaak Posts: 17
    Options
    I love the zumba class at my gym.....the instructer is so good..and i love the music they play while dancing. i burned about 550cal in a 1 hour class but it went so fast that i didn't notice the time.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I use the DVDs and love them! I would love to actually be able to go a real class someday, but I just don't have the time.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the zumba class at my gym.....the instructer is so good..and i love the music they play while dancing. i burned about 550cal in a 1 hour class but it went so fast that i didn't notice the time.

that's gotta be a great feeling of not noticing how much time you put in! awesome!
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi zumba fans!!

I've got my first zumbathon tm, 3 hours!!! I can't wait! Hope I get a good nights sleep :)
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi zumba fans!!

I've got my first zumbathon tm, 3 hours!!! I can't wait! Hope I get a good nights sleep :)

Good Luck, you can do this...remember you're doing it for the guys and gals who are sacrificing their lives for us! Let us know how it was!
  • karie69
    karie69 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started the fitness pal, but I have been doing Zumba for 2 months and love it!!!! I go twice a week Mondays and Thursdays. Looking to add a 3rd day
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey, i love zumba!!!!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    I have went to Zumba class twice now (once a week). I love it! However, Thursday night I rubbed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot :frown: so I'd like to ask "are there any shoes that are best to wear for this class?" I wore my regular Rebok tennis shoes that I wear when I run/walk and I've never had problems with them before. Thanks!

Might be your socks more than your shoes - and it depends on the type of flooring you work out on. I assume hardwood floors - while Zumba is a "dance" type aerobic class - it is a lot of side to side movement and pivoting which is like cross training movements. Too much traction on your shoes can be an issue too as tennis shoes are meant to grip the floor - not turn and twist. I have heard that jazz dance tennis shoes work well or shoes that have a split sole.

good luck!
  • mynewself
    mynewself Posts: 22
    Options
    :love: new here but had 2 chime in! LOVE IT! did it today, doing it 3-4xs wk, and find myself doing the moves while walking around the house or preparing dinner! ha! even more calories burned!:love:
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    i LOVE Zumba!!