Input on Jillian Micheals 30 day shred!!!

Options
I just ordered Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I want people's opinion on it!!!

Was it good??
Is it challenging??
Is it fun and rewarding??
Etc....

Replies

• disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love it. I always fall back on it when I get bored of other workouts. It's tough but rewarding and there are modifications for nearly everything.
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love it. I always fall back on it when I get bored of other workouts. It's tough but rewarding and there are modifications for nearly everything.
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 days ago. So far so good, but wow, am I sore! I'm hoping that won't last the whole time.
  • jannicole22
    Options
    Awesome thank you for the feedback!!! If you want you guys and add me and we can keep motivating each other. Share different ideals and stuff to succeed our goals!!!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It was a starting point for me - helped me realize what I could (and shouldn't do, at first anyway - don't jump in with 5lb dumbbells if you've not been doing any similar type of exercise for awhile!) do, and that quality exercise in 20-30 minutes is doable, and it counts!

I went from barely being able to walk for three days after my first time through, to getting heavier weights as the routines became "easy". And eventually to moving on to other workouts and more challenges.
  • Rubie782
    Rubie782 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree...definitely don't start with 5 lb weights. I made that mistake in the beginning, but then would use them on certain exercises when I felt comfortable. It is definitely an effective workout for 25 minutes and I can honestly say I don't mind doing squats anymore.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I think the 30 minute workout is a huge bonus :bigsmile: :+1:
  • jannicole22
    Options
    I rather do more in less time!!! So if thats how it is ....that makes me even more excited!!!
  • jannicole22
    Options
    Ive been doing the plank challenge and hoping to do a squat challenge. Ive been at the same weight for over two years and i need to push myself to get where i want to be!! I just find it hard to motivate myself!!!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    30 Day Shred is amazing. I haven't done it in a while but I really should! I lost 17lbs and 10 inches total doing it - I started late May and did it for three months in a row. Great way to start out and it really built stamina for me. This is me back then - 2012.

6vt2r6cqcuw8.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the plank challenge and hoping to do a squat challenge. Ive been at the same weight for over two years and i need to push myself to get where i want to be!! I just find it hard to motivate myself!!!

Me too. Which is why I haven't bought any exercise dvd's yet. I can see it sitting on the shelf gathering dust. I need the gym and the push of a real life trainer

• jannicole22
    Options

Me too. Which is why I haven't bought any exercise dvd's yet. I can see it sitting on the shelf gathering dust. I need the gym and the push of a real life trainer

I wish i could have a trainer but its not in my budget hahaha

So I find other ways to motivate myself and push myself!!! I have an app called the berry, it has a motivational section for everyday. Every morning i wake up and look at the pictures in that section to motivate me!!! I also made myself a goal wall!!! Has things i want to achieve!!! I also put motivational quotes and words on the wall!!!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I really like it. My coworkers and I often do it on our lunch break because we don't have a lot of time, and it's a great shorter workout.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I rather do more in less time!!! So if thats how it is ....that makes me even more excited!!!

Then this is the dvd for you. I run (without stopping) on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 5.0 BUT... I sweat more & have heavier breathing doing this dvd! I love it. Quick & super effective. After the 1st day it hurt to walk up my stairs :neutral_face:
  • jannicole22
    Options
    No pain, No gain!!!! That's what I always say!!!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Jillian Micheals 30 day shred and I want people's opinion on it!!!

Was it good??
    Is it challenging??
    Is it fun and rewarding??
    Etc....

Never done this program, but lots of people love it! I hope you have a great time. :)
  • drinkxyouxpretty
    drinkxyouxpretty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always go back to it. It's easy, she talks a lot to distract you, and she knows when you're about to give up and tells you not to. I can lose 3cms in 3 days with this
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I started with this, too. Not only is the whole DVD short, so are the sections. The longest you have to tolerate any part of it is 3 minutes. Yes, it's challenging, but you can do that, right? She tricks you into getting fit :)
    I always go back to it. It's easy, she talks a lot to distract you, and she knows when you're about to give up and tells you not to. I can lose 3cms in 3 days with this

Yup. I saw results very quickly, too. May dig it up :)
  • sayyestohealthy
    sayyestohealthy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like it, makes me sweat so much! And there's easier and harder versions of the moves. The first time i tried i have up cause i was doing it every day. This time I'm doing it 5 times a week and going up a level each week cause otherwise i get bored. On level 3 now (third week with healthy eating) lost 3kgs and feel stronger already :)