What is your weigh-in day?

Options
124»

Replies

• exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning without exception. Since October last year, I now know my patterns and can handle a slight stall or no loss once a month.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Once a week after leg day.
  • RangedLunatic
    RangedLunatic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Most days, but Monday is what goes in the spreadsheet. In large part because Sunday is most likely to be my Long Run day.
  • jimHofmann
    jimHofmann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh in after dinner and exercise before those late night urges for snacks creep in and the willpower wanes. Makes you remember what you are fighting for.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Trying to weigh myself everyday but when I lose weight, I log it in
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Officially on Wednesdays, but I also check on Sundays to see where I'm headed that week.

After reading all of the comments in this thread, I'm considering weighing myself every morning so that I've got a better understanding of all of the fluctuations (though worry it might drive me crazy?)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily, then I went weekly, then didn't bother because I realised that the scale was not my friend. I prefer to go by clothes and tape measurements. The scale causes pain and disappointment.
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My weigh ins are on Thursday, simply because that is the day that the 1st of January was on.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Officially on Wednesdays, but I also check on Sundays to see where I'm headed that week.

After reading all of the comments in this thread, I'm considering weighing myself every morning so that I've got a better understanding of all of the fluctuations (though worry it might drive me crazy?)

I weigh in every day, and use the same site that @gobonas99 uses, as well as The Hackers Diet to track my trending (cause I like tracking stuffs LoL)

Honestly, weighing in every day and tracking my weight trend keeps me *from* going crazy.. cause when I gain 2lbs, yet my weight trend still drops, I know okay, dont panic, you're still doing awesome. It also keeps me level headed about my losses...that I dont feel like yay! eat moar food! Instead, I look at that and go no, you are right on track so dont act the fool Dragn. LoL

• jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I grade myself by my Monday morning weigh in. Keeps me honest on the weekends when I spend more time at home and have more opportunity to snack. :)
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I record my weight on Friday mornings for the exact opposite reasons as the OP. I have time during the week to undo damage done the previous weekend haha
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Once a week - Sunday morning. :)
    This!
  • judyring
    judyring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to do mine sundsy
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning and check my body fat (Tanita scale) every morning when I get up. These numbers are then added into a spread sheet where they become part of a 4-day running average to help smooth out the noise.

I use the smoothed numbers to figure the day to day trends in fat loss and ensure I'm not losing lean body mass.

Comparing day to day weight loss and body fat minimizes accuracy issue with my scale.

To keep my numbers consistent, I weigh myself at least twice. If both measurements agree, I go with that. If not, I weigh myself again and go with whatever number I got twice.

I'm more obsessive about the data than my weight/body fat. I'm trained as a scientist (even though I haven't been a working scientist in almost 10 years) and I love doing data analysis.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    the 9th and 28th of each month
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every Monday for some reason.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing on Fridays, after the morning routine, but before breakfast. If I've lost weight, I allow myself a Friday cheat day. If not, gotta pass until next week.