345a Alarm
    400a Out of Bed/Get Dressed
    405a Eat Banana/Put on Shoes/Grab Headphones
    415a Arrive at Gym
    450a Leave Gym
    500a Shower/Dressed for Work
    530a Leave for Work
    Drink Lots of Water (Normally 80oz)
    1100a Eat Lunch (Normally just a protein bar)
    Drink More Water (40oz)
    230p Leave Work
    300p Eat a Snack
    600p Eat Big/Protein Packed Supper
    700p Take Dog on Walk/Feed Him

REPEAT

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    7:10 ish head home and stop on the way for a 32 oz diet coke
    7:20 arrive home. Shower and get ready for work
    7:50 leave for work
    8:00 arrive at day job

So, I am not the only one who stock up on their daily diet coke each morning. :D

Nope. I have coffee a couple times a month, but Diet Coke is a must multiple times daily. There is nothing in the world that tastes better than one fresh from a fountain machine right after the gym.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    7:10 ish head home and stop on the way for a 32 oz diet coke
    7:20 arrive home. Shower and get ready for work
    7:50 leave for work
    8:00 arrive at day job

So, I am not the only one who stock up on their daily diet coke each morning. :D

Nope. I have coffee a couple times a month, but Diet Coke is a must multiple times daily. There is nothing in the world that tastes better than one fresh from a fountain machine right after the gym.

Totally agree. I usually stop at get an extra large with ice right after my workout on the weekends. During the week I buy a 20 oz. and drink it with ice at work all day.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    1) Wake up naturally (no alarm).
    2) Knock one out.
    3) Put on my smoking jacket.
    4) Leisurely walk around the grounds of my mansion feeding the peacocks and endangered animal collection.
    4) Retire to the East Wing to finish what I started (see No.2)
  • Hottie_McTottie
    Hottie_McTottie Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Back up - what time does everyone go to sleep? Especially those waking up at 2-3am, wow!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Also how do you do it in the winter? I can't do dark mornings. :disappointed:

I had a hard time getting up early this winter, especially when it was 20 or 30 below zero. There was a good stretch of weeks where I didn't hit the gym for that reason. Thank goodness for DVD's!!

As far as the dark goes it sucks but after a while you get used to getting up.

ETA: the fact that we stop for coffee before and after the gym helps quite a bit too.

• time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Very motivating!
    After 12 years of being a stay at home Mom and going to the gym during the day, I started back to work in January and after working all day, coming home and taking kids to dance, hockey, doing homework, etc (husband works late), I've not been able to get into any sort of fitness routine...plus I sit so much more now that I work. I've been very frustrated lately with my lack of workout time.
    Tomorrow morning excuses are gone and I start the day right!!!
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    4:30-5am- alarm goes off
    5:15am- leave house with gym bag and food for the day
    5:50-7am - gym time (little cardio, mostly weights)
    7-7:50- shower and ready for work at gym
    8am- Arrive at work.
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What time do you all go to bed? Or rather, how many hours of sleep do you get and do you feel well rested when you wake up that early?

Also, I was never a breakfast person. Always made me feel icky. But if I exercise without eating, I get jittery, probably a natural low sugar is my guess. I'd like to workout in the mornings, but what should I do w eating? Eat first, then workout? Workout then eat? What about the yack feeling when I eat or the shakes I feel when I dont? Maybe eating more protein? what do u recommend?
  • jacquemartin
    jacquemartin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I go to bed at 11pm

5:30 First alarm
    5:39 second alarm and I get up
    5:40 Drink a full bottle of water and get dressed in gym gear
    5:50 Get the dog out for our 10 minute walk
    6:00- 6:30 Jog to gym
    6:30-7:15 body weight and dumbells at gym
    7:15 - 7:30 jog to starbucks
    7:30-7:45 walk home drinking iced americano
    7:45-8:20 shower, dress etc
    8:20-8:30 cook up a two egg sandwich
    8:30-9:00 drive to work while eating half a sandwich
    9:00 begin the work day (finishing other half at 10)

Also when winter prevents the running then I drive to the gym and do the cardio indoors, that switches up the routine a bit!
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    1) Wake up naturally (no alarm).
    2) Knock one out.
    3) Put on my smoking jacket.
    4) Leisurely walk around the grounds of my mansion feeding the peacocks and endangered animal collection.
    4) Retire to the East Wing to finish what I started (see No.2)

My kinda guy...
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What time do you all go to bed? Or rather, how many hours of sleep do you get and do you feel well rested when you wake up that early?

Also, I was never a breakfast person. Always made me feel icky. But if I exercise without eating, I get jittery, probably a natural low sugar is my guess. I'd like to workout in the mornings, but what should I do w eating? Eat first, then workout? Workout then eat? What about the yack feeling when I eat or the shakes I feel when I dont? Maybe eating more protein? what do u recommend?

I once tried a 6:15am swim, but there were only two lanes (the rest were taken up by the local swimming club, who start at 5am) so I felt harried along as all different paces were in those two lanes, people nipping at my feet the whole time. I can't eat that early, and spent the rest of the morning feeling like I was going to throw up, with a terrible headache. I HAVE done a nice early cycle a couple of times, but generally, it's not for me, which is a shame, because the only other weekday option is the evening, when you're tired and lazy.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Try out different times see what works best for you. What works for me, isn't going to be the same as you. I don't like to eat before but that is my preference. Just like most people don't want to get up as early as I do and work out.

Why do you want to workout in the morning?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    wake up: some days 4 some days 7
    run: distance varies 3-30mi
    feast: unlimited cals :smile:
  • bdlingafel
    bdlingafel Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I go to bed around 8pm and end up falling asleep between 830 and 9. I then wake up at 4, so somewhere between 6 to 7 hours of sleep. I feel very tired until I get to the gym and start stretching, then I feel alive and ready to go (natural high from lifting weights), then I am wide awake the rest of the day. I rarely ever eat anything more than a protein bar for breakfast and before this diet, never ate anything for breakfast since I was like 12. After I wake up the first thing I do is eat a quest bar (around 20g of protein) then prepare for the gym. The protein is more than likely kicking in right in the middle of my workout or more towards the end, depending on how fast I felt like getting ready. If you are going to workout very early in the morning and don't have 45 min between when you can eat and when you get to the gym, you could always eat a protein packed dinner/snack before bed the night before and it would help more than nothing.

Basically, I guess what I am saying is if you have the shakes at the gym, you probably need more protein in some way shape or form before working out. About the yacks, I would try and eat/drink your protein 45 or so minutes before starting your workout. Hope this helps!
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    3:51am Alarm
    Hit Snooze
    4:00am Get up, dress, grab gym stuff
    4:10am out the door
    4:15am at the gym warm up on treadmill
    4:25am start in on the weights<Squats First and then on with the rest>
    5:00am head back home
    5:10am Hit the shower
    5:20am get dressed
    5:30am Breakfast<eggs, turkey sausage, onions, tomatoes, green peppers.
    5:50am dishes
    6:00am off to work
    4:00pm Head Home
    4:15pm play with the kids
    4:30pm Dinner
    5:00pm start running kids to their activities
    7:30pm dishes
    8:00pm bedtime
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    5:45 alarm (snooze)
    5:55 get up and dressed
    6:05 out the door
    6:10-6:15 arrive at gym
    7:00 leave gym
    7:05-7:10 home/shower/dressed
    7:25 Out the door to bike to work (.5 miles away)
    7:30 Get to work and eat a banana for breakfast
    12:00 bike home for lunch
    12:55 bike back to work
    4:30 bike home