How come NOBODY told me about this TREASURE?!

Options

Replies

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Have you not tried Ants on a log?

ants-on-a-log.jpg

That I have heard of, but I haven't tried it, because I'm not a fan of celery. I ate waaaayyy to much of it at one point in my life...

Don't think of it as celery, think of it as a vessel to get the pb and raisins to your mouth!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I mix PB and a bit of cinnamon into my Greek yogurt and dip apples in it. Heaven.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Almond butter with either of them is good too. When I could have gluten, I used to love peanut butter on cinnamon graham crackers.
    Regular PB is GF, just to confirm your post. Unless you just meant the graham crackers.

Totally meant the graham crackers! I love peanut butter and still enjoy it. I usually just eat it off the spoon.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    1T PB mixed into plain greek yogurt then I either dip apples into it or spread it on toasted banana bread.

Also, last week, I mashed up strawberries to eat with my cottage cheese and then decided to crumble Thin Mints into it. Yum.

Yesterday was mashed strawberries, greek yogurt, and cocoa powder
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is pretty much perfect. Try it with bacon; you won't be disappointed.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've always loved apples and peanut butter. Also, carrots/peanut butter, carrots/hummus, apples with cinnamon, vanilla greek yogurt (sometimes I add frozen blueberries or granola), and cottage cheese/Ruffles (this sounds disgusting but it's awesome).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate and cheese x3 So good for whatever reason!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Srsly put some raisins on the apples & PB. Mmmmmm and I don't even like raisins!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Anyone ever grilled a peanut butter and banana sandwich? Oh nom nom nom! Even better if you sprinkle some chocolate chips inside before grilling. I don't have the calories for it most days but oh man are they good.

I also really love kerrygold Dubliner cheese with sliced apple or pear.

Oh and I just discovered that mixing approximately equal amounts of Nutella and vanilla Greek yogurt makes an amazing dip for fruit, especially strawberries.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    I am also a complete nut for any fruit drizzled with honey.... It gives such a unique extra sweetness. It's delicious...

When I first put honey on apples to keep them from browning (because I had no lemons available), I thought I had died and gone to Mount Olympus. Nectar of the gods is right! Now, honey and fresh pineapple is my extra special treat.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter goes well with many things.

Last week, I was on a fluffernutter kick. I'd forgotten how good those are.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Peanut butter goes well with many things.

Last week, I was on a fluffernutter kick. I'd forgotten how good those are.
    I just had to Google these

OH
    MY
    GOD
    :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've eaten banana and pb sandwiches all my life (it's even better with some chocolate chips sprinkled on), but I wasn't introduced to apples with pb until a couple years ago. I have a friend that got diagnosed with a severe gluten allergy and she had to find different snacks. I'd see her in the break room all the time with apples & pb so I had to try. It is sooooooooooooooo amazing! I carefully split up that one serving of pb to fit on all my slices or bites lol. Hmm I'm out of pb and now that sounds really good.

Fruit with honey is good...I like figs split in half with a little goat cheese or blue cheese and some honey drizzled over it all. Yum!

eta: pb and honey sandwiches were a favorite of mine too as a kid. Haven't had that in years
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    APPLESAUCE + PB. You are welcome! B)
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1T PB mixed into plain greek yogurt then I either dip apples into it or spread it on toasted banana bread.

Also, last week, I mashed up strawberries to eat with my cottage cheese and then decided to crumble Thin Mints into it. Yum.

Oh my... These sound amazing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    apples are also really good with hummus
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I like making protein pancakes, with peanut butter, bananas and pancake syrup, with the peanut butter melting everywhere, sooooo yummy!!! ;)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    haysavam wrote: »

Oh my... These sound amazing.

Chocolate strawberry mess:

Thin Mint Mix:

Smashed avocado on english muffin:

Channeling my inner 6yo with bananas in my cheerios:

PB yogurt:
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter or sharp white cheddar cheese are the perfect snack.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Isn't apples and bananas with peanut butter a staple snack of every childhood? I like honey with carrots!