Foods from scratch

Options
I am new to MFP and have been doing good but have been maintaining the same weight for the last week. I love eating carbs and it is very hard for me to give them up. I am currently keeping my intake at 1200 or less calories a day and am not changing my fitness routine (coaching baseball) and am doing very little excersice otherwise. (I drink the 8 - 10 glasses of water a day but forget to log them) However, I want to eat more I just don't know what I can cook that is healthy and won't cause me to gain opposed to lose weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    a good way to be able to eat more is to up your work outs.. if you burn more calories, then you can eat more...

That is my solution.. other than that I would browse the recpies on here, there are good ones!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I swear by legumes (beans, lentils, and such) as they are so filling, no fat, full of good stuff. I can boil up a pot with whatever seasoning I like and they are easy to micro wave whenever. I also make a lot of broccoli and califlower casseroles. Just google and remember cheese is not your friend with califlower or broccoli. This site has great recipes that are not only low cal but low cost.
  • bucluc23
    bucluc23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Home made soup is a life saver for us hungry ladies - i make mine with anything i have lying around, if u make it quite thick it really does fill u up, without any need for bread. I have just made a butternut squash one (yum!) and it worked out @ 90 cals a bowl - i just boil or roast veggies and then chuck em in the blender, if u use the recipe tool on here and seperate it into portions its a really good tummy filler - hope that helps x
  • wayfaringarchivist
    Options
    My diet food standby is baked sweet potato fries. Just slice a sweet potato into long thin sticks, toss with a little olive oil, put on a tray covered with foil, sprinkle a little sea salt and pepper over them and bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes or until browned. I usually eat them with 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce or pure maple syrup (but not too much!).
  • mikavg
    mikavg Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for the responses that does help me a lot... Now for the motivation part. :)