Chicken thighs

Options
kayna1225
kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
I have a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs-and I always just cook them in coconut oil or in soup

any other suggestions-im searching internet-but nothing is standing out to me yet

Replies

• spanglish
    spanglish Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I throw them in the slow cooker with salt, pepper, and garlic. When they're done I shred them and add to salads, tacos, noodles... whatever really.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I like to finely dice up garlic and mix it with melted butter, then dip the thighs in it, and dredge them lightly in bread crumbs & bake. (You can drizzle the rest of the garlicky goodness over them before you put them in the oven.)

Tasty, easy, and pretty quick.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    marinade them in bbq sauce mixed with water to get a good marinade then bake or grill....we have this once a week here recently....yum
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sunshine-Chicken/ I made this and my family loved it- used light agave instead of corn syrup.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I love to make a curry with chicken thighs. I hate white meat lol! Just cook up the meat, then stir-fry some veggies, meanwhile warm up some coconut milk with some curry paste (most grocery stores have it now) and then simmer it all together.
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just season them (salt, pepper, italian seasoning) and bake them in the oven. I usually have them for lunch with a quinoa mix and a veggie, but we make them into a simple dinner as well with a whole bunch of veggies and possibly a carb.
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you like a bit of spicy, I use Jamaican jerk seasoning and bake or roast them...another recipe I love is Shoyu style chicken - boil them in soy sauce with brown sugar, ginger and garlic (you could probably slow cook them in crock pot as well)...both super simple and yummy :)
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    made these last night, really yummy! served them with baked sweet potatoes.

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/03/honey-spice-chicken-thighs/
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Marinade and bake in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and splenda/stevia.
  • ace21496
    ace21496 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thighs are on the menu for us for dinner tonight. I'm roasting them in the oven with tomatillos, onions, jalapeno, and garlic cloves and a few spices. You can shred the chicken when it's done and eat it and the salsa with tortillas or over rice. It is great just by itself too.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ace21496 wrote: »
    Thighs are on the menu for us for dinner tonight. I'm roasting them in the oven with tomatillos, onions, jalapeno, and garlic cloves and a few spices. You can shred the chicken when it's done and eat it and the salsa with tortillas or over rice. It is great just by itself too.

This sounds delish. Makes me think of cacciatore. Brown the chicken in some olive oil, set aside. Then sauté up some garlic, onion, peppers & mushrooms (we don't always have mushrooms on hand & I often omit them) in the same pan/oil. White wine usually goes in next. We may not always have that either, so I sub chicken or beef stock. Or a bullion cube dissolved in warm water in a pinch. Add a can of tomatoes (I usually use the ones with garlic, basil & oregano) and put the chicken back in cover and let it braise over medium heat for about 30 min.

Traditionally I think there are capers in there too, but eh. (I don't follow recipes, can you tell?) You'll have to quick Google this one for more precise measurements depending on how many you are cooking for.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Skin the thighs if you don't buy skinless. I sprinkle with Morton's Seasoning and brown in
    olive oil. Remove, place thighs in crock pot. In the same pan you browned chicken in, sauté 1 C of seasoning mix (frozen, chopped celery, onions and bell peppers) and 1 C of sliced mushrooms. Cover with 1 can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 the soup can of white wine. Pour over thighs and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. I put it on at bedtime and cook overnight but it can be made early a.m. for use as dinner. Serve over white or brown rice, noodles or plain.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    omg these recipes sound so yummy now I just have to choose! thank you
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Chicken tandoori!!!

You marinate the thighs in yogurt, melted light butter, garlic, coriander leaves and a tandoori spice blend, which you can get online or at a spice shop, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc. Then grill it. Marinate for 4+ hours. I made this last weekend and it was as good as any tandoori I ever had at an Indian restaurant. The spice blend I used was Desi Tandoori Masala and the recipe was on the label. I just swapped out light butter (Land O Lakes) for the butter.

I did a whole chicken and doubled the marinade recipe, but thighs are perfect for this dish.

yv0p0guep1kx.jpg

• EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I brush the tops of my chicken thighs lightly with mayo (about 1/2 tsp per thigh), then top with a panko, parm, and Italian spice mixture (anout 1 tablespoon of the mix per thigh). Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes. Yum!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    ace21496 wrote: »

Oh yeah, thighs are also *perfect* for crock pots, they never dry out, they just fall apart.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I love making this recipe

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like to season boneless/skinless chicken thighs with Cajun seasoning and Herbes du Provence and grill them about 8 minutes on each side.