I need motivation to say no to treats

Options
I am trying to lose weight, but I struggle with turning down sweet treats. Does any one have any tips to help me say no?

Replies

• nina906
    nina906 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me I think the way that I always say no to sweets is by chewing gum! They have a really good flavor to chocolate mint ice cream by extra... If you have gum in your mouth it helps you to resist the temptation of the sweets!
  • hedgehog002
    hedgehog002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have found the more I try and stay away from sweet things, the more I tend to crave them. Have the treat, but just one. If it's big, cut it in half and put the other half out of eyesight. Don't beat yourself up for having a treat, that will only make things worse. Moderation is key. :)
  • tessaklotz931
    Options
    Yeah the mint chocolate gum mentioned by Nina is soooooooo good and I would say just out of sight out of mind although sugary treats are super hard for me to turn down as well freezing grapes is good they are kinda like candy but better for you (:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I tend to take a bite of things, then throw the rest away.

Eventually, it really does get easier over time to say no to extra food. You tend not to see eating X thing as being worth the extra calories anymore.

• zoekingmamclean
    Options
    Thanks guys, these are wonderful suggestions!