Craving something sweet.

Options
Monkeymin
Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
Hi, I keep craving something sweet and I wondered if anyone could suggest a healthy snack that could nip the sweet crave in the bud.

Have tried fruit and it doesn't work for this particular craving as I love fruit and that's a whole different craving.

Replies

• Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Choboni yogurt or skinny cow ice cream. They both have curved my sweet tooth cravings.
  • egifford
    egifford Posts: 8
    Options
    I love the 60 calorie Jello Temptations. They have boston cream pie, caramel/butterscotch, and chocolate/banana. I cut up strawberries and mix them in with the jello. Then I have a glass of non fat milk. It's a great sweet dessert/snack.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello chocolate pudding always works for me. Also, Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie bag smart pop kettle corn is good, too
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Click on the search button and type in 'Banana Ice Cream'. Basically, you chop up a banana (peeled), freeze it for 1-2 hrs and then blend it. sweet craving gone and one of your 5 a day!
  • Theartsygal
    Options
    When I crave sweets, I just pop a couple of pieces of Trident Layers gum in my mouth (I like the strawberry citrus flavor) ... this curbs that sweet craving for me, and is minimal calories.
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    I'm from the UK so a few of them reccomendations went over my head, but thank you. I have heard of Skinny Cow Ice cream, but I'm not much of an ice cream eater.

Am not a gum eater either as I suffer with heartburn and gum always makes it worse. But thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'm just an awkward sod lol
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi, I keep craving something sweet and I wondered if anyone could suggest a healthy snack that could nip the sweet crave in the bud.

Have tried fruit and it doesn't work for this particular craving as I love fruit and that's a whole different craving.

How much do you have to spend out of your Calorie Budget or willing to over-spend>>>Jell-o Temptation Lemon Mer. Pie=100 Cals, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sand/anything=about 140 Cal, Klondike Ice Cream Sand=180 Cal. Pretzel M&M= about 120 Cal,

It's a LOT of Stuff out there...the question is Can You STOP if you eat the "Good" Stuff or will you be Satisfied if you choose the "Healthier" Stuff? Me, I'm getting ready to eat a Klondike Ice Cream Sand (180 cal).

CHOOSE WELL, Your LIFE Depends On It...LOL, LOL, LOL!!!
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, too - I always want something sweet after my meal & frozen banana 'ice cream' really satisfies my craving. Love it plain, but adding some cocoa powder (I taste - if needed, I'll add a bit of Truvia - any stevia type of non-sugar will work) really does the trick. It ends up as a luscious chocolate ice cream clone - not really ice cream but my taste buds cannot tell.
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Snicker's Mini Ice Cream bars. 90 calories; chocolate, ice cream, peanut and caramel...what could be better?
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    Snicker's Mini Ice Cream bars. 90 calories; chocolate, ice cream, peanut and caramel...what could be better?

I can't eat nuts lol, but I'm sure for a nut eater it's a great snack.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK so a few of them reccomendations went over my head, but thank you. I have heard of Skinny Cow Ice cream, but I'm not much of an ice cream eater.

Am not a gum eater either as I suffer with heartburn and gum always makes it worse. But thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'm just an awkward sod lol
    I'm in the UK also.

Have you seen the Hartley jellies? 9 cals per tub. Pretty tasty too.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    A gala apple seems to hit the spot for me....