Day 4, now what??

Options
day 4 of eating well and exercising! I'm starting to like this and feel good...
Anyone have some tips for staying motivated and keep going strong?? :)

Replies

• chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures of thinner people in swimsuits because that's my goal. And I repeat to myself. You Can do this. The food will still be available to indulge once you reach you goal. I this about a chocolate chip cookie daily and this once I reach my goal I will have 1. Those are just a few things I do. Also I go for a walk if I'm getting a craving or I eat a lean protein.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Keep showing up for day 5, 6, 7, etc.
    Don't make it too difficult
    Log accurately and honestly
    Don't make this overly restrictive
    And don't rely on motivation, use this time to start building good habits and make it all part of a routine, because motivation comes and goes.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The food will still be available to indulge once you reach you goal. I this about a chocolate chip cookie daily and this once I reach my goal I will have 1. Those are just a few things I do. Also I go for a walk if I'm getting a craving or I eat a lean protein.
    IMHO, this is not a good way to go about it. Rather than focus on denying yourself the foods you love so you can reach some arbitrary goal weight enjoy some of those things in moderation now. You'll be more successful if you eat now (just less calories) like you plan to eat once you reach your goal. If you go back to eating the way you used to once you reach your goal you'll soon be right back where you started from.

Theoretically, you could eat now exactly as you'd need to eat to maintain your goal weight. You'd lose weight more slowly but you'd eventually get to that goal as your weight would level off to match the energy you're feeding your body. Rather than needing motivation and willpower you'd just keep eating the same way for the rest of your life.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I agree, motivation comes and goes.... but if you've made your new healthy routine a habit, easier to continue. I learned to plan and schedule everything also. Make time to make a grocery list, make time to exercise and schedule it. It's your "ME" time. If you know that you are busy during the week, set aside a time on the weekend to prep your foods.
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eat food that you enjoy and do exercise that you love that way you'll keep going!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Keep showing up for day 5, 6, 7, etc.
    Don't make it too difficult
    Log accurately and honestly
    Don't make this overly restrictive
    And don't rely on motivation, use this time to start building good habits and make it all part of a routine, because motivation comes and goes.

This.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It's hard and it takes time but everyday just think about how you can make today slightly better than yesterday.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    make it routine and do not restrict too much
  • drdwngfan
    drdwngfan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Check out the challenge groups here. Join up, it will help you focus and give you goal.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Sounds like you've just provided your own motivation. Just remember that whenever it all feels like a bit of a struggle.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I look at the pics of the people who have lost a lot weight everyday. If they can do it I can do it. Especially the ones that started heavier than me, that way I don't have any excuses. If I get bored with my workout I go online and look for different exercises that still work what I want to work, then I change it up a bit.

Yesterday I had a major sweets craving, but I was already at my calorie goal for the day, so I had to just deal with it. I wanted Cold Stone ice cream for some reason. I believe the reason is that it's delicious. Anyway, I got to today and still wanted the sugar hit, but instead of getting the ice cream and 1000 calories I went to the store. I found some cherry turnovers (that are also delicious) in the discount bakery bin and it was like they were calling my name. 250 calories later and I am a satisfied customer and I will be able to work the rest of my caloric intake for the day to fit in my sugar fix.

The more you workout and lose weight the better you'll feel. Everything (physical) is easier as you lose. 15 lbs ago the stairs in my apartment were annoying. Now I hop up them like a bunny and don't want to go back to the bad habits. Do what you gotta do and it'll pay off in the end! :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Just do it.
  • chrissyfitter
    Options
    Well if your anything like me and allow yourself just a tiny bit. We'll then I end up eating it all. It's cold turkey for me I cannot even be near chocolate for fear I will eat it all. So that's why I won't touch it until I reach my goal.
  • chrissyfitter
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    The food will still be available to indulge once you reach you goal. I this about a chocolate chip cookie daily and this once I reach my goal I will have 1. Those are just a few things I do. Also I go for a walk if I'm getting a craving or I eat a lean protein.
    IMHO, this is not a good way to go about it. Rather than focus on denying yourself the foods you love so you can reach some arbitrary goal weight enjoy some of those things in moderation now. You'll be more successful if you eat now (just less calories) like you plan to eat once you reach your goal. If you go back to eating the way you used to once you reach your goal you'll soon be right back where you started from.

Theoretically, you could eat now exactly as you'd need to eat to maintain your goal weight. You'd lose weight more slowly but you'd eventually get to that goal as your weight would level off to match the energy you're feeding your body. Rather than needing motivation and willpower you'd just keep eating the same way for the rest of your life.

And this is why I lose quickly. The fast I lose the faster I can have that treat at the end.
  • kriskurucz
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin...

• jasonraygagnon
    jasonraygagnon Posts: 86 Member
    Options

have a great group of friends that are active! Makes the whole thing fun :-)
  • jasonraygagnon
    jasonraygagnon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    jessypug wrote: »
    Eat food that you enjoy and do exercise that you love that way you'll keep going!

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    If you've put on weight over time, dig out some photos of yourself from when you were happy with your weight :) My motivation is to be healthy again by eating cleaner and exercising for 30 mins a day.. And to look healthy again! :)
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    kriskurucz wrote: »

I like ! and agree!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    kriskurucz wrote: »