My story and I need help?!?

Options
My lowest weight was 136 in HS. In college I ballooned up to 202 and thought about killing myself. I got motivated and on track and got down to 166. I met a man fell in love at 175. We had a baby and before delivery was 212. Got to 192 for our wedding last June but since got back to 207. Every time I have started something I quit too soon. I am not happy with my body, I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. My ultimate goal would be 145, but right now I would just like to be comfortable which mean pre-baby weight of 170. I need support and friends to help keep me on track and give me accountability so that I wanna stay in track. I have been going for almost a week now and already lost a pound. I wanna keep it up

Replies

• elaiesay2
    elaiesay2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me if you want.
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well if you like. Good luck and you can do what you put your mind to.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know how it goes. It's really hard to stick to something when you're not seeing drastic results. I have finally realized that even losing a pound every two weeks is better than gaining one or two over the course of the year. So you may not lose 30 lbs in a month or two... Who cares? You'll be feeling better. Plus, a year later you probably could have lost the 30 lbs!! I am starting off with small changes. Healthier meal choices, parking my car further from buildings... It's ACTUALLY making a difference. Don't give up! You've got this!!
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can totally do it!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall your are and exactly what 136 looks on you... But you are twenty eight and you have to find a new weight or size that you will be comfortable with.

I set a goal and I decided to "forgive" the last 5 pounds that would not budge so I am at a happy medium and working with what I got! If you know what I mean...

You can do this, you are already here and you have made some goals. Goals take work so you can't give up something that is driving you to change or a better you!

Set the goal and if you get close to it and you are happy then "Goal is met" and the desire to reach the goal = results! :):):)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I have bounced around the 200 number alot myself. At 135 in HS, started gaining in college, 180 in my 30's, and been over 200 and below again a few times since then. I am currently at 211. I started at 218 when I came here and I had to completely wrap my head around the fact that it will take me close to two years to undo the damage I have done to myself over the last 20 years. Comparatively, that is quick. Now it just takes me sticking to what I need to do to get there and keeping supportive people like the ones here around me. You can do this. Even if you have a bad day now and then, don't give up on you.
  • ashleyhilchie
    ashleyhilchie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was NEVER that low...except maybe in elementary school?! I’ve got huge bones for a woman, and always felt uncomfortable with the number on the scale, even when I looked healthy. Even when healthy I couldn’t fit into normal sized clothes. So I gave up. I got up to 255 post baby! I’ve finally had enough and completely feel where you’re coming from. My hubby is 145 and can eat whatever he wants. When he goes running after not going for 3 months, he runs 3km like it’s noting. I’ve started couch to 5k and while I run super slow (haven’t run since I was 10 due to a chronic knee injury), it’s barely faster than walking. But you know what?! It’s working! I’ve lost 10-15lbs in 3 weeks. We can motivate each other! Add me if you like and we can do our best to keep each other on track :)
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! I have fluctuated from 135 to 200 and although I was horrified by the scale, I couldn't seem to get motivated to start and then even when I did, I couldn't stick with it. I have decided that 90% of the battle is mental. I know what to eat and what not to do and I know how to lose the weight, so I attacked the "mental" part by getting up every morning and looking at myself in the mirror and telling myself, "you can do this, you HAVE to do this, there is no alternative to doing this!" I list the reasons I HAVE to do this every day, so I can be active, so I can look younger, so I can enjoy life more, so I can be proud when I look in that mirror, etc., etc. Take it one day at a time and before you know it, you will have the momentum to keep going.