Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    I had a guy send me a message online telling me how interested he was in me, he said he was married and when I asked him why he was willing to cheat he said "it's what society puts out there. Sex is everywhere, and it's hard to deny all the temptation" REALLY? Then WHY are you married?

This guy is an idiot. That is a BS excuse to cheat.

EXACTLY! If I had a dollar for every guy that talked to me online that was married, I would be rich enough to buy a husband! LOL! :smiley:

It's like more and more people are ok to have open marriages. My questions to those is why get married at all too. I know people who are into the swingers life. As fun as that might sound to others I rather not have to do such a thing.

I completely agree! When I eventually, someday, get married it's not going to be so we can go out and date and/or sleep with other people. If I just wanted to have sex, that's easy. No problem making that happen. Why spend all the time going through the motions of being in a serious relationship or get married just to be with other people?
    Besides, I can get a little bit, well tiny, well miniscule really, kind of jealous and territorial. :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I had a guy send me a message online telling me how interested he was in me, he said he was married and when I asked him why he was willing to cheat he said "it's what society puts out there. Sex is everywhere, and it's hard to deny all the temptation" REALLY? Then WHY are you married?

EXACTLY! If I had a dollar for every guy that talked to me online that was married, I would be rich enough to buy a husband! LOL! :smiley:

It's like more and more people are ok to have open marriages. My questions to those is why get married at all too. I know people who are into the swingers life. As fun as that might sound to others I rather not have to do such a thing.

I completely agree! When I eventually, someday, get married it's not going to be so we can go out and date and/or sleep with other people. If I just wanted to have sex, that's easy. No problem making that happen. Why spend all the time going through the motions of being in a serious relationship or get married just to be with other people?
    Besides, I can get a little bit, well tiny, well miniscule really, kind of jealous and territorial. :smiley:

Believe when I say I would not like to see such a think happening to future wife either. I don't know how some people like seeing that happen to their spouse. Makes no sense to me.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

In the ideal world being able to control someone's actions would be easy. There is a high rate of cheating and infidelity because people have free will. Where there is a will there is a way. People take vows everyday and break them. I'm not saying you don't hope for the best but you can't lock a man or woman up so they can't be unfaithful to you. There has to be a deeper connection than attraction. That's a dime a dozen. I didn't mean to intrude on your responses but people say "til death do us part" and disregard that due to sickness, financial reasons, unhappiness and more. Hoping I find a good man one day soon.

• Belle8312
    Options
    Trayjay33 wrote: »

In the ideal world being able to control someone's actions would be easy. There is a high rate of cheating and infidelity because people have free will. Where there is a will there is a way. People take vows everyday and break them. I'm not saying you don't hope for the best but you can't lock a man or woman up so they can't be unfaithful to you. There has to be a deeper connection than attraction. That's a dime a dozen. I didn't mean to intrude on your responses but people say "til death do us part" and disregard that due to sickness, financial reasons, unhappiness and more. Hoping I find a good man one day soon.

I totally get what you are saying, but I was referring more to people having open marriages and being swingers. I just don't understand the lifestyle. I am not saying that it is wrong, and I am in no way judging, but the amount of people that are online on dating sites that are married just baffles me. For me personally, I would not get into a relationship with the intention of seeking an additional relationship elsewhere.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I totally get what you are saying, but I was referring more to people having open marriages and being swingers. I just don't understand the lifestyle. I am not saying that it is wrong, and I am in no way judging, but the amount of people that are online on dating sites that are married just baffles me. For me personally, I would not get into a relationship with the intention of seeking an additional relationship elsewhere.

I understand til death but I think the open lifestyle which I have zero tolerance for would be a deal breaker. Now all I need is a lady who feels the same and they're plenty.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Met this girl when I was single, she wanted to come see me. I told her I had a date planned and told her what we'd be doing. So I created a great night starting with a home cooked meal, followed by a night walk in a wildlife reserve before I took her to her hotel. She got there, I took her to my house (I had roomates who were there), and started to cook the meal. She just sat there like a bump on a log and wouldn't talk. I asked what was wrong and she told me that she wanted to go to the hotel. On the way there she basically said she never wanted to see me again.

The crazy thing is that I met my wife online...go figure.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I understand and I'm sorry if I gave that impression that I thought your opinion was invalid. It confuses me as well. Not only online but in the workplace. I also don't date at my job but the amount of married people who take the opportunity to look for relationships there as well is confusing. I understand a lot of time spent is on the job but again why take the vows if it means nothing. Like you said just have a good time. That was never my intention when online dating and after years of trying it I have decided not to waste my time there and work on building other areas of my life, health etc. Hopefully the right person will come along. I have heard success stories like the previous poster had but online dating sites are just not for me.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Worst experience was a 30 minute phone call after several polite emails. I decided not to meet him during the convo as it didn't go quite like he had advertised. So later that evening I had some friends over and he tarted texting me and calling non stop. SO finally I answered ad said "please stop calling me" and he threatened to "get me"and "spam me". Which he did spam me with my number and a name spelled similar to mine, which took months to convince these companies that I had not requested their product or services. Result was I signed up for a home alarm service and bought a gun. I also filed a police report. Drugs?
  • Belle8312
    Options
    [
    hikeout470 wrote: »
    Worst experience was a 30 minute phone call after several polite emails. I decided not to meet him during the convo as it didn't go quite like he had advertised. So later that evening I had some friends over and he tarted texting me and calling non stop. SO finally I answered ad said "please stop calling me" and he threatened to "get me"and "spam me". Which he did spam me with my number and a name spelled similar to mine, which took months to convince these companies that I had not requested their product or services. Result was I signed up for a home alarm service and bout a gun. I also filed a police report. Drugs?

I was planning on meeting someone and we spoke on the phone a few days before our date. I am so glad we did, because he totally turned me off by the way he spoke to me. While his e-mails and texts were sweet, on the phone he was rude, mean and condescending.

Sorry all that had to happen to you!!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    [
    Worst experience was a 30 minute phone call after several polite emails. I decided not to meet him during the convo as it didn't go quite like he had advertised. So later that evening I had some friends over and he tarted texting me and calling non stop. SO finally I answered ad said "please stop calling me" and he threatened to "get me"and "spam me". Which he did spam me with my number and a name spelled similar to mine, which took months to convince these companies that I had not requested their product or services. Result was I signed up for a home alarm service and bout a gun. I also filed a police report. Drugs?

I was planning on meeting someone and we spoke on the phone a few days before our date. I am so glad we did, because he totally turned me off by the way he spoke to me. While his e-mails and texts were sweet, on the phone he was rude, mean and condescending.

Thank Belle! Yeah, you can tell by the voice and the use of language is a great tool but now I am afraid to even give out my number, lol. I guess they could have had outside "help" on the text communication.
  • rebeccatyrajohnson
    Options
    Can I just say.....it sucks.

Worst date with someone you met online...GO!!!

• rebeccatyrajohnson
    Options
    I met a guy online. Everything was going good. I was attracted, nice conversation, after the 3rd date, he asked to "borrow" 200 dollars. Needless to say, I didn't give it to him. He got mad. We never talked again. And I was perfectly ok with that. Can I say "Loser"?
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I love it when guys lie about being in the military. If I have to explain to you what DoD stands for, you probably are not or ever were military! Bunch of lying fools! LOL!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    [

Thank Belle! Yeah, you can tell by the voice and the use of language is a great tool but now I am afraid to even give out my number, lol. I guess they could have had outside "help" on the text communication.

I know you will be guarded with your number but things happen. Some people are crazy idiots. I also think it suck that most of you all met someone who wasn't honest.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I love it when guys lie about being in the military. If I have to explain to you what DoD stands for, you probably are not or ever were military! Bunch of lying fools! LOL!

How about having someone not know the ranks of the service they belong too?

LTC oh there not high up in the ranks right? said the question of someone I talked to.
  • ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Options
    My worst date was my fault.. it was the first person I had met with the intention to continue on romantically via the internet, and oh man.. I was really shy and uncomfortable for whatever reason and couldn't make eye contact for a half hour or so. I ended up throwing up out of anxiety (something that had never happened to me before). Thankfully, he was forgiving, and we'll get married in two years time.. haha.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Not online, but met a guy in person who tried this with me.. I was like oh really?! What was your MOS? Genuinely interested, its always the first question I ask when I meet another veteran...but he got all shifty.

Come to find out, he wasnt military, his dad was. Supposedly. Frankly, if hes going to lie about that, who knows what else he'd lie / is lying about. Not to mention my disgust that hed pretend to be a vet. That ended before it even began.
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I used to go on tinder... I met two guys on there. One guy wanted to meet just to see if we clicked and to go from there... We went on two really awkward dates: dinner and a movie. I had to carry the conversation of every encounter with him so I thought the connection just wasn't there. But then he called me a couple days later and asked me how I would feel if he moved across the country. He said he needed to know really soon because he was up for a reassignment and he would stay here if I thought it would be too hard and if I wanted him to stay. I just told him that I didn't feel like I knew him very well yet and didn't feel comfortable weighing in on his career. He didn't like that answer too much....after I said that we stopped talking.

The other guy-- we clicked instantly as friends. We talk almost every day.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    lwynd002 wrote: »
    I used to go on tinder... I met two guys on there. One guy wanted to meet just to see if we clicked and to go from there... We went on two really awkward dates: dinner and a movie. I had to carry the conversation of every encounter with him so I thought the connection just wasn't there. But then he called me a couple days later and asked me how I would feel if he moved across the country. He said he needed to know really soon because he was up for a reassignment and he would stay here if I thought it would be too hard and if I wanted him to stay. I just told him that I didn't feel like I knew him very well yet and didn't feel comfortable weighing in on his career. He didn't like that answer too much....after I said that we stopped talking.

I met another guy on tinder and we clicked instantly as friends. We talk almost every day.

Tinder and friends? hmmmmm

• lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Tinder and friends? hmmmmm

Right?! Shocking