How come NOBODY told me about this TREASURE?!

Options

Replies

• jodeswood007
    jodeswood007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter for sure, great on apples. Also a new fan to flavored hummus on celery or baby carrots. Moroccan hummus is YUM!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm just chuckling here, because back in the day, when us girls had to take Home Ec in middle school, our first "cooking lesson" was spreading peanut butter on apples and bananas and setting them on a plate. Geeze, I was already making lasagne in 7th grade, and here I was, getting graded for spreading peanut butter on fruit.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm just chuckling here, because back in the day, when us girls had to take Home Ec in middle school, our first "cooking lesson" was spreading peanut butter on apples and bananas and setting them on a plate. Geeze, I was already making lasagne in 7th grade, and here I was, getting graded for spreading peanut butter on fruit.

Hopefully you got to eat it! Then it's worth it haha
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Have you not tried Ants on a log?

ants-on-a-log.jpg

How about snakes on a plane
    Snakes_on_a_Plane.jpg
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    Peanut butter is pretty much perfect. Try it with bacon; you won't be disappointed.

Because of this post, I tried PB and bacon as a snack. Thank you!

And was it good? I love both, but never imagined having it together
    ETA And how do you do it? Just smear PB on cooked bacon?
  • Raaneve
    Raaneve Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    ...mmm... snacks...

I'm often a "tart" flavor person, so I *love* a non-fat plain greek yogurt tarted up with 2 packets of True Lemon (or True Lime) and just enough stevia to keep me from puckering up.

My personal favorite low cal "poor man" versions of lemon custard or key lime pie filling. :)

I love chopped pineapple and fresh blueberries with a touch of stevia in plain greek yogurt too... so yummy...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    PB and bacon sammiches 4-EVA!
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Highlight of my day is breakfast when I munch on Honey Nut Cheerios and down a Cherry Coke Zero
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Raaneve wrote: »
    ...mmm... snacks...

I'm often a "tart" flavor person, so I *love* a non-fat plain greek yogurt tarted up with 2 packets of True Lemon (or True Lime) and just enough stevia to keep me from puckering up.

My personal favorite low cal "poor man" versions of lemon custard or key lime pie filling. :)

I love chopped pineapple and fresh blueberries with a touch of stevia in plain greek yogurt too... so yummy...

So gotta try this. Sounds great!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Have you not tried Ants on a log?

ants-on-a-log.jpg

My nana made this for me as an after school snack. Yes apples and peanut butter is crazy good. I hate bananas so I cannot speak to that. Also, I had strawberries with a little powdered sugar as a kid. It is so good! Taste like candy!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    Leana088 wrote: »
    I am also a complete nut for any fruit drizzled with honey.... It gives such a unique extra sweetness. It's delicious...

When I first put honey on apples to keep them from browning (because I had no lemons available), I thought I had died and gone to Mount Olympus. Nectar of the gods is right! Now, honey and fresh pineapple is my extra special treat.

Fresh pineapple spears+light cool whip=love :)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    1T PB mixed into plain greek yogurt then I either dip apples into it or spread it on toasted banana bread.

Also, last week, I mashed up strawberries to eat with my cottage cheese and then decided to crumble Thin Mints into it. Yum.

Yesterday was mashed strawberries, greek yogurt, and cocoa powder
    Peanut butter flavored greek yogurt is my go-to breakfast. I use two tablespoons with 3 packets splenda and 150g plain nonfat greek yogurt (with a side of fruit), and it's a quick way to get my fat and protein macros.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Almond butter (about 8g so not many calories, too!!!), 2 drops of Agave Nectar (just to give a touch of sweetness, spread thinly on some lightly toasted bread. I've made the switch to fresh-baked bread from a local bakery and it's made world of difference with this snack (and my sandwiches)! It's my go-to before a run since it's pretty easy on the tummy :)

~Lyssa
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I've already had my pb fix today. Might have to go and try the nutella and greek yogurt dip though!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yum, love it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of Nutella stirred into plain Greek yogurt. Heaven! Good with fresh berries on top, too.

Also a sucker for apples & peanut butter or cheese - sweet & salty win! Love toast with banana & peanut butter too - great before a run.

And love sugar snap peas and sliced red/orange/yellow bell peppers dipped in hummus.

Oh heck - popcorn with coconut oil (pop it dry in a brown paper bag in the micro, comes out like air popped, then top with melted coconut oil).

Raw almonds and dark chocolate, plain Greek yogurt with strawberries and honey....and now I want popcorn. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Tinabob777 wrote: »
    Peanut butter is pretty much perfect. Try it with bacon; you won't be disappointed.

Because of this post, I tried PB and bacon as a snack. Thank you!

Oh, I'm so doing this tomorrow!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My mom used to core apples and stuff them with PB and raisins and bake them for a after-school snack on cold days.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I discovered cottage cheese pb and raspberry preserves. Holy cow! I can have the pb n j without bread? Its heavenly!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, cinnamon and honey on a sweet potato omgsooogood