Meal prepping ideas

Options
wayne0788
wayne0788 Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey I'm looking to mix up my meal prep. This is what I've done in last few weeks to take 12 lbs off so far. Anyone else cook the food at the start of week

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I do prepare two different meals on sunday afternoon; One for the office lunch and the second for lunch at home.
    It saves me a ,lot of time. I just wait until meal has cooled down and put it in a container in the fridge.
    The day I want to use it I just measure my individual portion. I take my lunch and snacks to the office in a cooler. I am lucky we have a fridge and microwave at the office
    Good luck with your healthy journey
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually just cook some chicken & vegetables but I find if i cook too much in advance I never get to it or I change my mind about what i want.. Also i like it to be more fresh rather than sitting in the fridge all week :smile:
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think meal prep for lunch for the week is a great I can get 3 days prepped then mess up the last 2 days of the week. I don't understand myself someday.
  • wayne0788
    Options
    I actually prep 6 days off food. 3 small meals. then I have snacks between eating little and often. One step I learned at the start is to make 1 simple change. Ie from Monday starting drinking 3 litres of water daily. After 3 weeks it becomes a habit. them make sure you get 6 portions of protein a day etc. seems to be working. lace you food with spices and it will keep longer :)
  • Jillianx115x
    Jillianx115x Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think meal prep for lunch for the week is a great I can get 3 days prepped then mess up the last 2 days of the week. I don't understand myself someday.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I do chicken and rice once a week, the rest I do in the mornings.
  • wayne0788
    Options
    super stuff lifting4lis tickets to the gun show :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    check out budgetbytes.com it has a lot of great food ideas, a section for slowcooker stuff, breakfast foods that freeze well, etc etc.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    We bake a load of Kangaroo meatballs for lunch protein. They are stored in the freezer. They go with salad which is made 4 days at a time. We also add hard boiled eggs and these are done on a weekend to last the week. Dinner is chicken or salmon and vegie casserole with rice or quinoa- chicken minced and vegies chopped and bagged in 2 day portions as we prefer to cook it fresh every couple of days. Quinoa and rice cooked in bulk and frozen in portions. Breakfast is Chia protein pudding made a week at a time and stored in the fridge. Smoothies made daily. PreWO portioned out at the beginning of the week and ready in the pantry. Dessert is homemade fruit/protein sorbet, made on a weekend and portioned out. Sometimes we have baked stuff, that's done in bulk too. Our "meal plan" stays the same during the week to make prep easy and quicker.... Weekends are more flexible.

Frittata/egg muffins are good to make in bulk and freeze. Cook bulk pancakes or bircher type muesli for breakfasts. I do a weeks worth of most things so I have them ready.... Lunch salad has X amount of dressing, I have 5 containers and have them ready to go in the fridge! I have containers for supps and get these ready a few days at a time.... Not hard once you get in to routine!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    wayne0788 wrote: »
    super stuff lifting4lis tickets to the gun show :)

Thank you :smiley:
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sunday is prep day. I cook and fill the fridge and freezer on Sunday. It will help keep you focused and also help prevent taking the easy way when you come home and dont feel like cooking.
  • Jazznit
    Jazznit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos sub sweet potatoe/quinoa for rice and no cheese, make a bunch and freeze. Salads, just prep a bunch of stuff and throw together the night before. Boiled eggs, portioned nuts, vegg an hummus,cottage cheese (add lemon and dill) for snacks. Egg cups, protein pancakes, shakes are a quick and perfect breaky and call all be made and frozen ahead of time. Soup is also your friend. Your very best friend.
  • ChristaLii
    Options
    My Meals:

Breakfast:
    4 Egg white seasoned with Flavor God
    1/2 Grapefruit
    =======================
    Overnight Oats:
    Old fashioned oats
    Chopped Strawberries
    Chopped Bananas
    Vanilla Almond Milk
    Refrigerate overnight:
    Ready to eat in the morning.
    ======================
    Boiled Egg Whites & Spinach

Lunch:
    =========================
    Hellman's Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast W/ Steamed Broccoli & Carrots
    Beef Fajitas W/ Sweet Potato (Add Honey or Brown Sugar for sweetness)
    =======
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I make alot of once a month type meals and freezer meals. They are super easy, and I can just grab what looks good that fay rather than have food that needs to be eaten in the fridge.

My favorite are "dump" meals. Where you dump all raw ingredients into a zip top bag and freeze it. Then when you want to cook, you dump the bag into a skillet/oven dish/crockpot and let it cook. Similar to once a month cooking, but with less prep and precooking, IMO.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Always. I love having lots of meals in the freezer and fridge that I can just heat and eat. Makes life so much easier!