my sweet tooth saver

Options
jilliez123
jilliez123 Posts: 2 Member
half of a microwaved sweet potato, half of a banana (mashed in) and a dash of cinnamon. SO GOOD. Needs a protein for a meal but it is so yummy, it is like dessert. Sweet tooth is back in line.

Replies

• nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I'll have to try it :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ?
  • Greatgrace123
    Greatgrace123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweet potatoes could you find out a way to make it without a sweet potato :|:|
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :(

why microwaved…?

why would you combine a sweet potato and a banana?

and don't those have sugar in them?
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

why microwaved…?

Microwaved sweet potatoes aren't half bad actually. It's good for us lazy people that don't want to heat up the entire oven for one potato. lol
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

why microwaved…?

I've had sweet potatoes and plantains together. Surely this would come out similar?
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I added this recipe to my dinner menu tonight!
  • ndj1979
    Options

why microwaved…?

I've had sweet potatoes and plantains together. Surely this would come out similar?

IDK, never had that..

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Glad it works for you, OP. I just eat chocolate or cookies or both.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I used to take half of a butternut squash and heat it up with some cinnamon and a tad of butter for dinner. Extremely filling and helped with my sweet tooth.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    100% sincere question …what does eating stuff with sugar in it, do for a "sweet tooth"…why not just have a serving of ice cream, or something?
  • FluffySandwich
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well... actually, for me I guess it was more that I was too full to eat anything else hahaha, and didn't want to buy ice cream because I believed it to be a lot less healthy. I also used to find it much more difficult to stop myself from consuming the whole thing of ice cream.

These days I'd probably just go for the ice cream, but less of it. Maybe I should go back to the squash, I dunno. It was super filling, at least. And actually really good.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well... actually, for me I guess it was more that I was too full to eat anything else hahaha, and didn't want to buy ice cream because I believed it to be a lot less healthy. I also used to find it much more difficult to stop myself from consuming the whole thing of ice cream.

These days I'd probably just go for the ice cream, but less of it. Maybe I should go back to the squash, I dunno. It was super filling, at least.

why is ice cream unhealthy? It has protein/fats/carbs…

I just had a serving and it fit into my day perfectly ….
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

These days I'd probably just go for the ice cream, but less of it. Maybe I should go back to the squash, I dunno. It was super filling, at least.

I believed it to be a lot less healthy.

Today you can offer me some ice cream and I will accept it with open arms!

Though I am willing to bet having a bowl of blueberries is healthier, with all the nutrients 'n all. Sometimes I take a bowl of frozen blueberries and put milk over them. It freezes and creates a sort of "makeshift ice cream.'' Also really good. But regular ice cream is ok too, as long as you don't consume the whole tub :(
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Reminds me:

For a sweet tooth you can put milk or cream over frozen fruit to create the makeshift ice cream as I suggested. If you want it to be more sweet, honey works very well though I usually just leave that off. You can also substitute greek yogurt for the milk/cream.... now I'm craving the stuff.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I believed it to be a lot less healthy.

Today you can offer me some ice cream and I will accept it with open arms!

Though I am willing to bet having a bowl of blueberries is healthier, with all the nutrients 'n all. Sometimes I take a bowl of frozen blueberries and put milk over them. It freezes and creates a sort of "makeshift ice cream.'' Also really good. But regular ice cream is ok too, as long as you don't consume the whole tub :(

I don't have the info but I am guessing that blueberries would be more nutrient dense then ice cream. However, if person X has already hit their micro nutrient targets for day, then why not fill in with ice cream?

so if you had blue berries with breakfast and ice cream for dessert does that make your day less healthy?
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Those are both perfectly healthy, in my opinion. If you're already taking in your nutrients, why not go for the ice cream if you enjoy it?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Those are both perfectly healthy, in my opinion. If you're already taking in your nutrients, why not go for the ice cream if you enjoy it?

so then ice cream is not inherently unhealthy, right?
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always want baked goods or chocolate so I am trying to help the sweet tooth craving by eating flavored yogurts. May not be the best calories but definitely less then a Twinkie and better for me with the calcium and cultures. Some of the new flavors are pretty good. I don't buy the fruit on the bottom ones though.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

so then ice cream is not inherently unhealthy, right?
    I guess that just comes down to perception. Perhaps the ice cream has too much sugar and certain people should avoid eating it often. Maybe a certain kind of ice cream has an extreme amount of preservatives and it would be better to make it homemade. What I think is that it's unhealthy if that's all you're eating in a day or if you binge excessively on it. Some people would rather avoid eating ice cream and instead eat fruit to try to develop a taste for healthier sweets than refined sugars, which may help avoid binging/addiction.