Thinner calves?

Options

Replies

• lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If you can't find knee high boots to fit, Aerosoles makes ones that unzip a little at the top to give you more room. There are tons of boots out there that will fit the larger calf.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have paralyzed calf muscles and would kill for some bulky calf muscles. Unfortunately I am doomed to a life of chicken legs.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    What the heck is it with women who want to LOSE muscle? This is insane. Utterly insane.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    What the heck is it with women who want to LOSE muscle? This is insane. Utterly insane.

QTF
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Girrrrrlllllll.....embrace those thick calves!!!! The ONLY draw back is not being able to find boots that zip all the way but that's a small price to pay. Think of how sexy those calves will look in a pair of pumps!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Everyone wants what they don't have. Muscular people want to be, uh, thinner. Weak people want to be stronger, slow people want to be faster, big people want to be smaller, small people want to be bigger, etc. Ultimately, though... the grass isn't any greener, it's just different grass.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Drewlssix wrote: »
    I also get all sorts of comments from small calf folks that specifically try to grow theirs.

*raises hand* That would be me. I have the scrawniest, unshapliest calves ever and I actually thought I might find some ideas in here to do the opposite.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

Everyone wants what they don't have. Muscular people want to be, uh, thinner. Weak people want to be stronger, slow people want to be faster, big people want to be smaller, small people want to be bigger, etc. Ultimately, though... the grass isn't any greener, it's just different grass.

So fast people want to be slower, and smart people want to be dumber?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I have muscular calves, and I avoid training them specifically. I bulked up the rest of my lower body and now they look more even but otherwise not much you can really do. I put on a pair of high heels and rock what I got.

This. Own in and enjoy your own body. Plenty of guys like nice, strong calves. Trust me on this.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Photos please of these "big" thighs.

ETA: In your photo of what I can see of these "big" thighs they look fine to me.

Lol well thanks but it's my calves (lower legs) that are bulky not so much my life thighs (upper legs). But I really appreciate the compliment!

Reading comprehension would help.

Ha ha, I read that as thighs, lol, sorry. :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I'm sure they are out there.
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just buy wide calf boots! Most of the name brands make them and they're the same style as the regular boots. I recently found this out and bought three pairs this winter.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

I'm sure they are out there.

No, they want the others to run faster (so they’ll have company) and for the others to be smarter (so they can have a conversation). ;-)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I lost weight and my calves got smaller and I bought some high boots! Now that i gained weight in my third pregnancy my calves are a bit bigger again. The boots fit but I worry I'll cut off my circulation lol. I'm sure by the time Autumn rolls round again they'll fit fine.

They were definitely the last place I lost from.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Who wants to walk around on toothpicks? CALVES ROCK!

Except when your calves are too huge to fit into nice boots. That's my problem. :( I would love to wear some of the fun boots that are available, but they are not for me, right now.

Why do people go to extremes? Nobody said anything about "toothpicks"

• wizzybeth
    Options
    Girrrrrlllllll.....embrace those thick calves!!!! The ONLY draw back is not being able to find boots that zip all the way but that's a small price to pay. Think of how sexy those calves will look in a pair of pumps!

But what if you don't WANT to wear pumps...and want to wear boots? Not a small price to pay. Esp. since I do not do well in high heels but would love some fancy boots.

• wizzybeth
    Options
    Just buy wide calf boots! Most of the name brands make them and they're the same style as the regular boots. I recently found this out and bought three pairs this winter.

I have not found them anywhere. :neutral_face:

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

I have not found them anywhere. :neutral_face:

http://www.zappos.com/wide-calf-boots
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Guess I don't see what's wrong with having muscular calves. Not sure there's anything you can do