protein shakes

Options
I'm looking for a good protein shake to use post workout for women. Im trying to loose weight and tone.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I usually prepare my own shake.
    Pre workout: 1 measure whey protein, almond milk and a banana
    Post workout: 1 measure whey protein with water. I take this to the gym and drink it right after exercise ends.
    My experience is you have to eat at a deficit in order to lose body weight. Calories burned < calories ingested.
    If you wish to have a better looking body, lift weights. You will not regret it
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have isopure right now which I like but I am considering switching to quest the next time I buy it because I love their other products.
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I mix unsweetened Almond Milk and Quest Protein Powder.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I mix unsweetened Almond Milk and Quest Protein Powder.
    Do you mix it right on the spot or do you blend it in a blender? I'm trying to find something I can take to work and mix on site.
    I have Cookies n Cream/Cinnamon Bun Combat Powder which is fine but it's ultra sweet even when it's mixed with only water. I'm looking for a change.

Thanks!

• fraseria
    fraseria Posts: 16
    Options
    I mix mine with water and I can't handle the sweetness in my powder either. I'm using Evox 5xl Muscle meal, vanilla flavour. To kill the sweetness I add a bit of instant coffee to the mix. Then its almost got a vanilla latte type flavour to it and, most importantly, becomes drinkable. I used to drink about 3 large mugs of coffee a day and this is working out to less caffeine actually as I switched to drinking rooibos tea. That's the best solution I've come up with so far seeing as I'm working on a budget
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Most protein powders are similar in their macros. Find one that you like the flavor of, and the price fits in your budget. For post workout, make sure you are having a carb with it.