Arguing with bf - really want to eat something!

Options

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    do not give him the power over your choices, that is what he wants with the pouting/ to make you feel bad/ I would say do somehing for you, and maybe a better life. Walk, take a hot bubbly bath. If you want to eat something do it because you want to, maybe a baked apple or something that aligns with your goals, or treat yourself. Do not eat over him. It will not help anything, it will just give him more power. IMHO
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    eat a cookie and enjoy it ... dump him and find a man who adores you (one who does not live too far away, because seeing his face and getting hugs all the time is awesome)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's very easy for us to say "dump him". And I'm not saying you shouldn't. Only you know that. How long have you been in this relationship? Other than this sensitivity and moodiness, how is he? Meaning, do these characteristics dominate his personality, or are the bouts of moodiness few and far between?

When I met my husband, I could see what a great guy he was: generous (everyone who knows him says he'll give you the shirt off his back without hesitation)....kind....great with kids...hard working, etc.

But he was also moody, and I could see that his behavior was encouraged by his mother, who treated him like The Prince. If The Prince was unhappy, everyone had to tiptoe around him and speak in hushed tones until he was feeling better. When he was a kid, if he felt like sleeping late on Christmas morning, his younger brother and sister, who were chomping at the bit to open their gifts, had to wait until The Prince was ready to grace everyone with his presence.

Unfortunately, I am not kidding.

But I figured out pretty quickly to say, "F--k that sh-t!" You say you wanted to give your boyfriend a piece of your mind, but you didn't. I found it best to call my husband out on that kind of behavior right away.

Like I said earlier, we've been married for 23 years. Those bouts of moodiness have all but disappeared.

Only you can know if your guy is worth the effort of getting him to change this behavior. And I admit it will be harder to do long distance than it would be if you saw him all the time. Good luck!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The key to a successful, lasting relationship is open communication. My boyfriend is also very sensitive/emotional and can be moody, whereas I'm not a fan of too much emotional stuff. But we have an agreement that when something is bothering one of us, we sit down and talk it out.

If his initial reaction to you saying you're fine is to just shut down, it makes me think that something's bothering him, not you. And if he isn't man enough to talk to you about it, you don't need to deal with that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Long distance relationship with a very moody person sounds depressing. Not trying to put something in this that is not there..

But it sounds like a bit of control trying to take over and trying to drag you down by making you feel a certain way that serves his moods etc... having someone not living with me or at least in the same city sounds very hard to do ..

Us girls need someone that compliment us not drag us down. We need compliments and sharing and conversation that motivate us and keep us going especially when it comes to giving and receiving love. And not having personal intimacy (touch) is very hard long distance..

I would write down the pros and cons of this relationship (all aspects) and see if this all positive and worth staying in.. Perhaps you deserve better if the cons out weight the pros in this situation. Just my 2 cents on this... I am in a loving relationship and been married for 15 years at the end of this month...

Edited to add... do not let a person make you eat something... he then has won his "control" and who ends up suffering from this.... YOU... don't give in that...
  • marine172064
    marine172064 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    You will instantly lose quite a large number of pounds by the Dump Boyfriend cleanse. Guaranteed to cleanse your soul of emotional and controlling toxins!

Awesome reply and sooo true.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Dump him and have a cookie!

^^This. Well, I don't give relationship advice to strangers on the internet. But seriously, I'd go for a long walk to relax/clear my mind, then make some cookies, eat one (or two), and freeze the rest.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I'd probably throw in a glass of wine to go with my cookie ;)

Honestly, I don't know your whole situation, OP, but after you said "I'm not into drama, so I'm starting to lose interest. Now he's stated he won't speak to me again today - childish! - and I am weary of his pouting and probably won't call him tomorrow", I'd have to wonder if you are dating a child.

If this is how he handles small situations, I'd be leery of how he would handle a big disagreement. Life is too short to be unhappy. Eat a cookie and go enjoy doing something that YOU love to do.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I have this posted on my bathroom mirror: "At your absolute best, you still won't be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you'll still be worth it to the right person. If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal."
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have this posted on my bathroom mirror: "At your absolute best, you still won't be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you'll still be worth it to the right person. If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal."

I love this quote. I also love your profile pic!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Awesome quote! I am going to steal it if that is ok???? :):)
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Love it! The drama continues today - he's called me 23 times since he woke up this morning, and twice yesterday after I posted. Groan! He told me last night he was "talking in his sleep" to me and doesn't know what he said - for an hour?!?! We're in the last hours of the relationship, apparently.

I'm not the Rescuer/Enabler type anymore since I lost my
    "185 lb problem" when I divorced him 19 years ago.

I keep thinking about what @westcoastgrl21 said, and it's given me more motivation to keep working out and keep on MFP than I could have ever imagined!

Thanks everyone for your kind support. I"m getting through it and keeping to clean eating!
  • twinkling70
    twinkling70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! Are you having a long distance relationship with my husband??? What the hell?????

• twinkling70
    twinkling70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Next dialogue,

He: What's wrong? I can tell something is wrong.
    She: You are right. Something is wrong. I am deadly bored of this relationship and I'm done. We're over.
    He: I am hurt, stunned, and heartbroken. Why would you do such a thing? [insert rant].
    She: I can't hear you any more. Call again and it's harassment. Good bye. [blocks number, goes for another long walk, buys a Maine Coon kitten]

Maine Coons are no-drama cats.
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like it
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    There are more than four available men in the world, and lots of them aren't moody and passive-aggressive.

I don't believe you.

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    He called you 23 times?? OK, that is not normal. I think it's time to say bye-bye to this nutbag!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Next dialogue,

He: What's wrong? I can tell something is wrong.
    She: You are right. Something is wrong. I am deadly bored of this relationship and I'm done. We're over.
    He: I am hurt, stunned, and heartbroken. Why would you do such a thing? [insert rant].
    She: I can't hear you any more. Call again and it's harassment. Good bye. [blocks number, goes for another long walk, buys a Maine Coon kitten]

Maine Coons are no-drama cats.

I love my Siamese. He talks to me, he eats my hair, but he doesn't follow me around and nag me. He's short-haired, too. He loves to lie on my lap when i have a blanket on it, the lumpier the better.

He's also been there through 6 or 7 boyfriends and now my husband loves him. :p
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I love this quote. I also love your profile pic!

Thanks! (pssst - it's not really me) (and I betcha your profile pic isn't really you, hah)