Tell me something...

Options
about your weight loss obstacles. What sometimes trips you up and makes it hard to achieve your goals, and how do you move past them?

Replies

• jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The inevitable plateaus. Oh and a love of scotch and dessert neither of which I've had in over a month!
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    jmasci20 wrote: »
    The inevitable plateaus. Oh and a love of scotch and dessert neither of which I've had in over a month!

Same here only substitute scotch for wine!!!
  • alexleiiigh
    alexleiiigh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sweets and choccy...

I eat super healthy all day long. But as soon as i sit down at night, i have an urge for sugar. Its been a habbit for years which i find hard to break. :(
  • JudiandRobbie
    Options
    I have fms, and spinal amage. Dont often eat junk food, prefer fresh home cooked meat and veg. Cant exercise much, try to stay out of my wheelchair if possible, but still gaining.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have eliminated 7 foods from my intake. Soda, trans fats, regular pasta, high fat dairy, white sugar and white flour, fried foods and white bread. So far I am doing fine. There are alot of other things besides those I can munch on. :-)
  • 503ecc
    503ecc Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Baked goods. Nothing but empty carbs, but boy do they taste good.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and like food. Only way I've figured out to get by is to eat less (enough to not be hungry but not enough to be satisfied). It works for a few months, then I do silly things like eat 300g of cookie dough.
  • Annr
    Options
    503ecc wrote: »

I used to be a baker, and there is an air duct that turned on whenever I opened the oven to take out my snickerdoodle cookies or Italian bread....stores are sneaky :-)
  • Annr
    Options
    shot it to the front of the store to get your taste buds as you walked thru the door.. hahaha
  • jkrunner80
    jkrunner80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my absolute weakness haha. All kidding aside...sometimes I lose focus and slip up. Staying focused is key though. Keep my eyes on the prize!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Being sick (a lot lately), being a chocolate/junk food addict and being a busy parents and sometimes just snacking on whatever I can grab because I don't get time to cook a decent meal.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    Sweets and choccy...

I eat super healthy all day long. But as soon as i sit down at night, i have an urge for sugar. Its been a habbit for years which i find hard to break. :(

I know the feeling!!!
  • kjerome101
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I'm lazy and like food. Only way I've figured out to get by is to eat less (enough to not be hungry but not enough to be satisfied). It works for a few months, then I do silly things like eat 300g of cookie dough.

Haha I've done that before, my diets usually are just that.. Diets... Then I eat like a mad women
  • kjerome101
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    503ecc wrote: »

I used to be a baker, and there is an air duct that turned on whenever I opened the oven to take out my snickerdoodle cookies or Italian bread....stores are sneaky :-)

Wow that's smart on the stores part!!
  • Annr
    Options
    I admit, I was a great salesperson. After I took the cookies out, (maybe 10 containers worth), I would sample out one containers worth. Walk around with a platter and they would say, "It THAT what I was smelling??" "Yep", I would reply. I would say simply, "You want these, wait 10 min, shop around, and I will box it up for you". I was even sneakier than the store. hahaha
  • BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finding time to lift. So I started lifting propane tanks & doing pull ups at work
  • kjerome101
    Options
    BULLET9992 wrote: »
    Finding time to lift. So I started lifting propane tanks & doing pull ups at work

Good idea!!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Donuts and pasta. I love, and have to, workout to keep ahead of it.