what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I workout in the evenings, so I am usually pretty hungry in the mornings. I make room for two breakfasts (or breakfast+snack).

I have been eating 1/2 cup oatmeal with banana and scoop of peanut butter or almond butter for months. With my strength training increasing, and my running increasing, I'm finding this to not fill me up as much, so I'm trying to add an egg (hardboiled) or switch up completely. Today I did 1/4 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup quinoa cooked with cinnamon, and 1/2 cup mixed berries topped with almond milk. I think there is still too little protein and not enough fat for this breakfast.

On the weekends, I eat my oatmeal combo before long runs and usually have more food after.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    3 scramble eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and an avocado.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Eggs with veggies
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    bowl of special k and a serving of greek yogurt (Dannon)
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Usually eggs and toast with nut butter maybe a banana. Generally 2 eggs and 1 piece of toast but sometimes 1 egg and 2 slices of toast just to change things up a bit. Today I swapped out the toast for a cinnamon bun, yummers.

Sometimes Oatmeal with some fruit or raisins and nuts thrown on top. I love oatmeal but usually on those days I feel like I'm starving to death an hour later :(
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It varies, today it was an English muffin with whole milk ricotta cheese and garlic. It wa delicious. I like coconut flour pancakes also. The other day I had a peanut butter mug cake, which was also delicious.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt (Citrus Blend flavor) 1 banana, 1 cup of coffee with 1.5tbsp of sugar-free French Vanilla creamer.

It's the easiest and quickest lately. Used to make scrambled eggs with all kinds of good stuff in em'.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Usually scrambled eggs and an English muffin. Sometimes an omelet or a protein bar.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    - Overnights oats with milk & dried fruit aka bircher muesli
    - Breakfast egg cups microwaved in muffin tins
    - Fat-free yoghurt with All-Bran & chia seeds
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I eat
    all types of cereal
    beans with eggs
    bacon
    PB n J
    cream cheese n jelly sandwich
    PB n honey sandwich
    pancakes
    french toast
    McD's
    cold oatmeal
    fried plantain with sour cream
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have started making a breakfast casserole on Sundays and then eating throughout the week for breakfast. What's great is that you can change it up by using different proteins, cheese and/or adding vegetables. Here's a picture of one I made a few weeks ago. Let me know if you'd like the recipe!

ats286mebnu1.jpg
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat breakfast now but when I did I'd have an egg white english muffin. I just put 1/4 cup of egg whites in the microwave for a minute or 2, put it in the muffin and added a cheese slice. Yum! Sometimes I'd just have an apple. I really like the Tim Horton's strawberry yogurt parfait too.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My go to every day breakfast is fiber one cereal with banana or strawberries, after my cup of green tea. On the weekends, it will be a meal replacement shake, eggs, some restaurant, cereal, toast and coffee.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Lately I have been eating soft boiled eggs on dry toast nearly every single day. Plus, a cup of milk with my coffee and some fruit.

ooh, the soft boiled egg sounds good. How long do you boil to get it soft but the egg white not slimy?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    8 oz of V8 juice and a container of Dannon yogurt.
  • elias1609
    elias1609 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    jddnw wrote: »

Isn't bacon and sasuge bad for you? Or will it be ok for me to have it sometimes? Because i've been avoiding it.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have an Activia yogurt for those false probiotic gains and a Benecol shot to keep the wolf from the door.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I Eat a protein bar, or a Fiber One 90 cal bar, or both. Pretty much every day. Washed down with a Diet Coke. While waiting for my coffee to finish brewing. Then I drink a pot of coffee. o:)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    Lately I have been eating soft boiled eggs on dry toast nearly every single day. Plus, a cup of milk with my coffee and some fruit.

ooh, the soft boiled egg sounds good. How long do you boil to get it soft but the egg white not slimy?

Once the water hits a rolling boil I add the eggs and then turn the temp down slightly to simmer. I let it go somewhere between 7.5-8 minutes and it's perfect (imo.) No sliminess. I run them under cold water so the shells cool enough to peel them.

I started eating this while cutting, to save a few calories (normally I'd use a bit of coconut oil when making scrambled eggs) and now it's my favorite breakfast.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    elias1609 wrote: »
    jddnw wrote: »

Isn't bacon and sasuge bad for you? Or will it be ok for me to have it sometimes? Because i've been avoiding it.

Everything in moderation :smile: I have bacon a couple of times a week.