"Getting Started" Again...

Options
jbrown512
jbrown512 Posts: 4 Member
Hello all,

I have struggled with my weight most of my life and I have had some really great success in the past almost reaching my goal weight before some personal events seem to have thrown me off course for a while. I now look in the mirror and see myself at the highest weight I have ever seen and it scares the crap out of me. I feel like I did everything right and I got myself to a place where I felt comfortable and then I gained everything back plus some. The saddest part is that I somehow did not seem to notice. It took my friends saying something to me and asking if I was doing ok before I really took a hard look and realized what I had let myself do.

I am taking this moment to re-dedicate myself to losing the weight and focusing on making the right decisions one day at a time. I don't want some fad diet and some quick fix solution anymore. I want to make daily changes that will hopefully lead to a better life for not only me but for my family.

I used MyFitnessPal on my previous journeys and the tools provided have been very helpful and I look forward to reading and interacting with everyone on their own journeys.

James

Replies