Insanity Asylum vol. 1 30 day lockdown

Options
Yisrael1981
Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting insanity asylum this Sunday March 1st.Would anyone like to join me ?

Replies

• Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday with my Fit Test. How are you doing so far?
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    I am just finishing up my second week.just did strength. Wow it's a killer but loads of fun and so not boring . I think the cardio is not as tough as the second month of insanity
  • johnfraser95
    johnfraser95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Second month of Insanity is killer!
  • madchapper
    madchapper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing asylum ..just did day 13 strength today .

What did you think of gameday....gameday + overtime would destroy any of the month 2 insanity workouts
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Just from sheer time game day + overtime is a killer .its about an hour and 15 min non stop.My worst part of game day was the swimming part.I am doing game day overtime combo this week. To me the question is what gives out first my muscles or my heart and lungs. With insanity it usually was my heart and lungs, with asylum its my muscles. I think game day was no exception
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Second month of Insanity is killer!
    Gotta love it!
    Although I am looking forward to Max30 as Shaun T. says it is harder than insanity!
  • madchapper
    Options
    You going to do asylum volume 2?
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    The reviews I have read say its mostly resistance training and not so much cardio (even less than vol 1) . I am still focusing on losing weight , another 15 pounds to go, so I will do max 30 and perhaps another round of insanity.
    What are your goals?
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Whenever I am up for Vertical Plyo I find myself procrastinating... The one thing I don't miss from Insanity is jump knee tucks...
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    madchapper wrote: »
    I'm currently doing asylum ..just did day 13 strength today .

What did you think of gameday....gameday + overtime would destroy any of the month 2 insanity workouts
    Did you do Game day yet ? How was ?
    Just did Game day plus overtime yesterday , my arms gave out in middle of overtime..
  • madchapper
    Options
    I did game day and overtime yesterday ..thought I did good. Powered through overtime the best I could.

Vertical Plyo is a beast...I think it's harder than gameday.

I'm going to continue with volume 2. My goals are to be in great shape for the three Spartan races I signed up for.

Maybe max 30 after volume 2
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. I think I agree with you vertical plyo is harder than game day.
    I am goi
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Ng to do asylum 2 after max 30. I have heard of the spartan races. Have you ever done one before? That seems like a great goal to work towards
  • Yisrael1981
    Options
    Just finished vertical plyo for the last time in this run of asylum.yay. The last week is a killer ,straight workout , no rest day.
    Overall my takeaway from insanity asylum, is that it's great for fitness and building muscle however not do much for weight loss.
    I am going to give my body 2 weeks rest than on top max 30