smaller breasts ?!!?

Options
Am I the only woman looking to decrease my bust size ? Is cardio the only way?

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Realistically, this would fall under "you can't spot reduce fat". Maintaining a calorie deficit over time will like decrease your size, however genetics has a pretty big part to play.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was looking forward to mine decreasing as well. So far I've gone from a G to a DD. My back and shoulders aren't sore nearly as often or as bad now! They're still pretty large compared to my frame but at least it's better.

Like Katiebear said, you can't spot reduce, just lose weight and hope it comes off there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As you lose, it will come from everywhere.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    This thread is holding my attention.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

laughs
  • cindyqq
    cindyqq Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh geez...Mine are so gone its sad!!!
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    Mamastef wrote: »

You aren't the only one, I'm an H and trying to get down to at least a DD or D...but I'm starting to turn my breast into.muscle, because I lift all the time because of cheer and track and volleyball. Running seems to be the only answer and that helps you lose weight everywhere

• slideaway1
    Options
    Keeping eye contact and nodding in the right places (Don't glance down, don't glance down)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

You aren't the only one, I'm an H and trying to get down to at least a DD or D...but I'm starting to turn my breast into.muscle, because I lift all the time because of cheer and track and volleyball. Running seems to be the only answer and that helps you lose weight everywhere

You can lose fat from your breasts and build underlying muscles but your breasts tissue is not going to turn into muscle.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Yes I want my size to decrease. That said, the only way is to reduce overall body fat %. After that it's more of a genetics thing.

After my last pregnancy sizes went like this:

immediately after (and for at least the first month or so) - approx 38 G
    around 2 months later/shortly before I stopped breastfeeding - 38 F
    now (a little over 9 months since my pregnancy) - 36 E

So if I've done the math correctly, I've lost 4-5 inches from my bust and 2 from around my rib cage. Total weight lost for that time frame is around 50lbs and I'm looking at less than 20 lbs to my first goal. So I'm losing from that area, just slowly in my opinion.
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

You can lose fat from your breasts and build underlying muscles but your breasts tissue is not going to turn into muscle.

I know, that's what I'm talking
    about
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain sister! My manboobs refuse to go away.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I know, that's what I'm talking
    about

desismileys_3334.gif

Ok, phew. Just making sure :)
  • slideaway1
    Options
    Gigerty!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Mine weren't very big to start with despite how heavy I used to be and now they're just a shadow of what they once were, haha. When my mom had a mastectomy last year I told her that at least her one remaining breast was larger than both of mine put together. lol.
  • Mamastef
    Mamastef Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I'm a DD and that's the only place I want to lose weight everything else can just be toned. So I'll stick to it and wait n see
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I started at a 40H, I'm a 36F now (72 pounds lost). Mine were always sort of ridiculous though.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Have you tried the manssiere?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I'm a DD and that's the only place I want to lose weight everything else can just be toned. So I'll stick to it and wait n see

You can't "tone". You can lose enough body fat for the underlying muscle to be seen.
  • HeatherKollar28
    Options
    I had to go through breast reduction surgery. Before I got pregnant 7 years ago, I was a 38D and after 2 kids I went to a 42DD. I was having back and shoulder pain and my doctor sent me to a surgeon. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and it has to be one of the best choices I've made. All of the pain is gone and working out is so much easier and fun. I am now in a 38D. If it's an option, I would recommend surgery.