Working out, but gaining

Options
I am a very active athlete, and have tons of stress and depression. I work out everyday for 2 hours and I'm constantly gaining weight. II also feel like I'm getting bigger. how can I fix this?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a deficit?
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    I only eat 1850 calories a day, and I work out for 2 hours or more. I eat very little sugars and because I'm an athlete I eat pasta and chicken..but that's about it.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Does. Not. Compute.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I only eat 1850 calories a day, and I work out for 2 hours or more. I eat very little sugars and because I'm an athlete I eat pasta and chicken..but that's about it.

Your diary isn't open, are you weighing your food or are you using measuring cups?
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    Im using Measuring cups
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    See someone about your depression...you also must be under estimating your food intake.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Im using Measuring cups

I think you might be underestimating your food intake. Until I began using a scale, I was undercounting my calories significantly. I thought I was eating at a deficit, but many days I wasn't. It's especially important for calorie dense foods (like pasta and chicken).
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    See someone about your depression...you also must be under estimating your food intake.

Okay, I will. And I might be, I know I'm gaining in my upper body, not so much my lower body.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Im using Measuring cups

And there's your problem...
  • alinadelafuente
    Options
    Im using Measuring cups

And there's your problem...

So I need to use a scale. Okay, thank you