what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• healthylady88
    healthylady88 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I make a pancake that is made out of 2 eggs & one banana. That's it! Then I add some cinnamon and spread about 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt on top with some black or blueberries. :)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    elias1609 wrote: »
    jddnw wrote: »
    3 scramble eggs, 3 strips of bacon, and an avocado.

Isn't bacon and sasuge bad for you? Or will it be ok for me to have it sometimes? Because i've been avoiding it.

Everything in moderation :smile: I have bacon a couple of times a week.

Turky bacon is nice. It tastes similar to normal bacon, decent protein, lower fat, lower calories. You will die from all processed meat though. ;)

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    My go to is 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1 Tbs. flax seed and a 1/2 cup of blueberries. Lately I have been having my mushroom stroganoff on a multigrain english muffin.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

Isn't bacon and sasuge bad for you? Or will it be ok for me to have it sometimes? Because i've been avoiding it.

Turky bacon is nice. It tastes similar to normal bacon, decent protein, lower fat, lower calories. You will die from all processed meat though. ;)

Lol. Do you know what tastes most like normal bacon? Normal bacon. :smiley:
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

True story. But some people can not eat normal bacon. Certain people from the Jewish community.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    2 eggs. Every damn morning...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

True story. But some people can not eat normal bacon. Certain people from the Jewish community.

True, true.

Another good option if you want meat at breakfast is cold leftover chicken. I bake extra so I can have the leftovers in the morning.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette with a cup of spinach, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, a couple slices of turkey, and the biggest but surprisingly easiest change: homemade baked beans today!

Just bought a tin of the 'Haricot' beans used by Heinz, etc and added tinned tomatoes and garlic paste to taste! They're not bad at all!
  • chrise118
    chrise118 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2 poached eggs over 2 pieces of wheat toast with fresh salsa

• ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Options
    Ezekiel bread toasted with pretty much anything. peanut butter by itself, peanut butter and banana slices with cinnamon and/or chia seeds, mashed avocado+SP+lemon+sriracha.. toast is pretty versatile. Stick an egg on it with some tomato slices, even. Maybe some spinach, too.
    Equally as customizable is the age-old oatmeal. Have it plain (I like it plain the most with a tiny bit of salt), with cinnamon/nutmeg, with fruit (dried or fresh) mixed in, nuts, etc. This is especially good fuel if you're training.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Eight ounces of low sodium V8 juice, Dannon Greek yogurt, and maybe a banana.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Best meal of the day for me, love breakfasts

I have potato and kale rosti topped with rocket, smoked salmon, 3 poached eggs and drizzled with creme fraiche mixed with lemon juice. If I don't have a protein laden breakfast I am hungry by 10am, so no matter what, eggs are there.

All washed down with a triple espresso.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    chocolate bar and coffee, always.
  • opie6490
    opie6490 Posts: 1
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    Currently, I'm in a 90 day challenge with the ladies at the Zumba studio. We are replacing two meals a day with Body By Vi shakes. For breakfast, I have two scoops of shake mix, two ice cubes, 12oz. of almond milk, one banana and four strawberries - blended together. Delicious!

How many calories is this?
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've started making steel cut oats. I make a big batch Saturday into Sunday, and just portion them out. After I warm them up I add Quest Peanut Butter Protein powder. I also have cottage cheese. :) On the weekends I add a halo orange, some strawberries, and a Vitamin Water Zero Rise since I have more time to put in a longer workout, and I do my long runs on Sundays.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 poached eggs, a slice of toast and some ham. And a huge coffee! I sometimes have scrambled egg instead, or omelette, and occasionally we have sausages or bacon.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, peameal bacon, jack cheese, and lettuce on a toasted whole wheat english muffin.

Crumpets with nut butter and jam and a protein shake.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If I am at home, I eat:

40g or 50g good quality muesli without added sugar or salt
    40g fresh blueberries
    100-110g low fat yoghurt
    300ml orange juice

Very quick and filling enough to get me through to lunch at 12:30 or 1:00.
  • MegMula
    MegMula Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I had a apple and two tablespoons of peanut butter and boiled egg n water before and after you eat this should make you feel full and energized.
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Better Oats Oat fit, maple brown sugar.
    4 Hard boiled egg whites.
    Coffee, black (caramel macchiato flavored, yum!)