Introducing Me

Options
Q2Power
Q2Power Posts: 11 Member
I'm just getting started, AGAIN, trying to lose about 150 pounds. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease last year and have Diabetes.

I've been successful in the past losing 40-50 pounds but I have a hard time continuing or at least maintaining. Now with Celiac, diabetes and a house full of picky eaters it's even harder.

I bought a fitbit the other day hoping it will motivate me to get moving a little. That's not easy to do with feet, ankles and knees that are trying to support so much weight.

I'm hoping to gain encouragement and hopefully some picky eater proof recipes that are gluten free and diabetic friendly.

I am a Christian, a wife and the mother of two. I enjoy taking cooking classes and making cards. I'm a wannabe homesteader who doesn't like the outdoors and has only had one summer of successful gardening:) And I like to sing even though I'm not very good at it. My husband says he likes when I sing though because he knows I'm happy.

I want to be a more active parent (I have a teen and a soon to be Kindergartener) I want to do things with and be a better example for them. I want to be around to raise them and see them have families of their own.

Others have succeeded, why not me! So . . . here we go again!

Replies

• XC_Guitar17
    Options
    Hey! It sounds you have an awesome positive attitude! Glad you're here.
  • Q2Power
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ItAintMagic
    ItAintMagic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a large amount of weight to lose as well, so I know right where you're coming from. My fiance was just diagnosed with diabetes and we have 5 folks in the house, so I also understand trying to find good recipes that everyone actually enjoys. I'm just starting again as well with trying to get my weight down, so maybe we can help encourage each other!
  • Q2Power
    Options
    My first struggle overcome, I figured out how to add you as a friend.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Wishing you complete success with your goals!

Adam