Arguing with bf - really want to eat something!

Options
13»

Replies

• DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have this posted on my bathroom mirror: "At your absolute best, you still won't be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you'll still be worth it to the right person. If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal."

I love this quote. I also love your profile pic!

Thanks! (pssst - it's not really me) (and I betcha your profile pic isn't really you, hah)

Unfortunately it's not! I can dream ...
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    You will instantly lose quite a large number of pounds by the Dump Boyfriend cleanse. Guaranteed to cleanse your soul of emotional and controlling toxins!

Awesome reply and sooo true.

Don't forget the follow-up ice-cream cleanse.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    evileen99 wrote: »
    There are more than four available men in the world, and lots of them aren't moody and passive-aggressive.

I don't believe you.
    I've been laughing at your incredulity for 15 minutes straight! :p
  • beccam83
    beccam83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You could lose up to 200lbs of weight that's dragging you down by subscribing to Single Ladies monthly! ;)

(On a serious note: don't feel guilty about a cookie here and there, especially in rough times xx)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have this posted on my bathroom mirror: "At your absolute best, you still won't be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you'll still be worth it to the right person. If the feelings are mutual, the effort will be equal."

That is a great QUOTE and so true.

• annied1961
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is:
    Have a torrid affair and you'll forget all about
    What's his name.
    You'll be glowing, blushing
    and shopping for new lingerie.
    Stop holding yourself back and start living!!! :D
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My husband has many great qualities- easy going is not one of them! But things do get better. I'm not one to hand out advice on love on the net too much as I have no idea really what's going on between you.

But, I find journaling has really helped me. Sometimes I need a safe space to rant or to really get at what's going on in my own head and journaling helps me do that. I am not faithful to it, but I find that when I am somewhat consistant I feel better. And it doesn't have to be a written journal. I used to work with an LCDC who did these wonderful art journals. But, whatever works for you!

Hope you find your way to happiness!
  • ashleybarnette1986
    ashleybarnette1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every relationship has issues LONG DISTANCE makes those issues 10x worse my fiancee knows me well and can tell when something is wrong when i lie about it he gets upset and says the same thing i have not seen a dr i am trying to control it myself but i have an eating disorder when i get upset or any negative mood i make myself throw up everything i eat sometimes i can stop myself sometimes i cant... all i am doing is taking out on myself which is the same thing you are doing i understand why you do it but your not hurting him just you my fiancee is not the cause everytime i do it i would leave him if he affected me that much but maybe you should try worrying more about you and less about him your worth it
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    People's relationships make me sad.
  • ashleybarnette1986
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    People's relationships make me sad.
    why?

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You will instantly lose quite a large number of pounds by the Dump Boyfriend cleanse. Guaranteed to cleanse your soul of emotional and controlling toxins!

This!

I see red flags...
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    When I want to snack, I eat beef jerky. Packed with protein, pretty low calories and fills me up, plus it takes a little while to eat because you have to chew a lot. lol Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water because it's higher in sodium. :smiley:
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

This!

I see red flags...
    My ex had red flags everywhere, but in her defence she worked in air traffic control so I should have seen the signs. I'm here all week folks!!
  • CaliforniaRower
    Options
    These are such fun comments! For now, we will try to make the relationship work. Thanks to all your support, I did NOT eat any cookies - or anything else bad for me. I just realized my goal (weight loss) was worth more than the drama of the relationship. Plus, the comment above that I need to look good for whomever is next is now my North Star.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    If you've decided to put more effort j to something for yourself, over a relationship, then yeah, it's time to go separate ways, I'd say. Sounds like there's a lot of lack of communication on both parts.

"Some people say in a relationship, it should be 50/50, totally equal. Other say give it 100%, your all. I disagree, a relationship should be 60/40, both partners should give a little more, and expect a little less"

:)

Good luck on all your journeys!
  • ashleybarnette1986
    Options
    These are such fun comments! For now, we will try to make the relationship work. Thanks to all your support, I did NOT eat any cookies - or anything else bad for me. I just realized my goal (weight loss) was worth more than the drama of the relationship. Plus, the comment above that I need to look good for whomever is next is now my North Star.

if your doing it for someone else you asre not doing it for the right reason if the next whomever is the right whomever they will like you any way you are i was 297lbs when i met my fiancee he is fit and very good looking he took me as i was and we have grown strong because of it remember you are worth every bit of effort you put into this
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up on my moody guy. We've been married for 23 years.

He has so many great qualities and I don't expect him to be perfect. I learned how to "handle him" for lack of a better phrase. His sister recently said to me, "My brother found the perfect person for him. I love how you manage to simultaneously coddle him and smack him in the head."

Oh I love this! Sounds like my husband too!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Relationship stress was the thing that brought me back to the gym after months and months, which eventually led to all this weight loss stuff. Nothing like a good dead lift session. Admittedly, I came home and got drunk that first night while dancing in my kitchen to early 90s R&B. But I still made it to the gym and it felt amazing.
  • CaliforniaRower
    Options
    Well, we patched it up for the time being and I DID NOT BINGE EVEN ONCE through the whole 4 days of drama. THANK YOU to all of you whose wisdom, humor and advice kept me off the "edge". xoxoxo