What would you eat off this menu?

Options
I'm going out to dinner with some girlfriends tonight. I'm wondering what the MFP world would get from this menu. Thanks!

spassoitaliangrill.com/media/index.html

Replies

• wreckzrainer131
    wreckzrainer131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The Verdure Omelette for me. I now just look for the thing that I want least and eat that. :)
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It's a tricky one as everything looks like it is covered in a sauce. If you wanted to go low calorie I reckon the salmon Caesar salad with sauce on the side would be the lowest cal. Or just order what you like, eat a small portion and do some extra exercise tomorrow. One night out doesn't do too much damage as long as you get straight back on track the next day. Have a great night.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you have?
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    depends who's paying!! Fetticine shrimp sounds nice. I wouldn't worry too much about the calories, just go and have a great night out
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The ommletes are all on the brunch menu but they might make one for you if you ask nicely.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon, sauce on the side, asparagus, spinach and mixed salad - allow 500 calories
    3 glasses of cava 270 calories
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about the calories, just go and have a great night out

^ This. If its only one night, it won't ruin your progress. You'd be better off just enjoying yourself.

However, if you insist on ordering something healthy-ish, I would suggest the Grilled Salmon, the Penne Spasso, or any of the salads/antipasta off of the "Antipasti Fredi" menu. Most of this sounds very carb and fat heavy due to the pasta or sauce.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The grilled salmon sounds great to me, but I'm a bit caper-mad.

Get what you'd enjoy, log an extra tablespoon of butter or something to account for the sauce, and only eat half the pasta. (take the rest home for tomorrow) Get a salad for starters to keep yourself from overdoing it on the main dish. Alternate your wine with seltzer and lemon. Enjoy!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Depends, if the pasta is home made I might splurge, otherwise not. I'd get the grilled salmon and a few glasses of wine.
  • shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I'm looking for something less indulgent. This will be my third night out this week so I'm trying not to splurge too much.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I go out to eat I usually stick to soup or salad or fruit.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Salmon with asparagus all in!! Yum!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Grilled salmon, sauce on the side, asparagus, spinach and mixed salad - allow 500 calories

I like the way you think...
  • swilkinson0705
    swilkinson0705 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I agree with this one. It looks super tasty and a decent healthy choice. You won't feel deprived with this option.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon or the New York Stip.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Crab cake oscar
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I got super excited, and then realized I was looking at the Easter brunch menu. For dinner, I'd probably do veal saltimbocca, mostly because it's something I've never had. And I'd probably start with the goat cheese salad, and finish with a cannoli. And I'd completely not care about calories just because it looks super tasty.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs. I'm not a big fan of sauces or cheese (other than cottage cheese) and steak and eggs are two of my favorite foods.