Not seeing results...

Options
I am really confused! I have lost 11 pounds but I can't see the results at all! At first I thought maybe the scales were wrong so I tried different ones which said the same. I am also taking monthly measurements and nothing has changed. This month I am doing weight training with my cardio and Piyo so I am hoping that the measurements aren't changing because I am gaining muscle whilst losing the fat but I'm really worried that I am doing something wrong. I assumed having lost this much weight I would at least see a bit of a result?!

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Do you have two pictures from then and from now in similar clothes/lighting/pose?

That is often the easiest way to see a change in yourself objectively.
  • lauraloy2013
    lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I lost 20lbs over a period of time but my measurements didn't change. However I did drop a dress size after a bit so you may find that. I don't understand how the measurements don't go down though! I feel your pain.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It can also be dependent upon how much you have to lose. I had over a 100 pounds to lose and you couldn't really see the difference until I lost about 40 pounds, but I was having some changes in my measurements. I would use the fit of clothes that were tight before you lost the 11 pounds to see the difference. That really helped me to see that I was making progress.

Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • ReptileRose
    ReptileRose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had 56 pounds to lose in the beginning and I thought I was doing great having lost the 11 in just under a month even though I know I still have 45 pounds to go but I feel so disheartened having done the measurements. I can feel that I have gained muscle on my legs and arms I just can't see it when I compared how I look then and now :(
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You seriously need to take progress pictures if you haven't. I take mine in a sports bra and shorts, or a bikini. Take them once a month or so (that's what I do) - that's how I finally started to see changes. My clothes don't fit differently for the most part and I don't see many changes, except when I compare those photos. If you didn't take any to start, take some NOW and keep going. :) You'll be glad you did. I do back, side, front and face.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you're down 11 pounds, then you are on the right track. Keep going, and I bet by the time you are down 20, you will notice a difference.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50lbs. I don't see it in the mirror. I only know I am smaller because other people tell me and my pants are loose. But I don't see it when I look at myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    take pictures...you look at yourself everyday and changes are very gradual...when things happen that gradually and you're just looking in the mirror it's hard to notice.