what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    During the week I have overnight oats with milk, banana, honey, cinnamon and peanut butter. Also, a half cup of cottage cheese and a coffee.

On the weekends I like to cook bigger breakfasts. Pancakes, sweet potato and zuchini hash, egg sandwiches...Today I made spinach and cheese omelettes with toast and yogurt with raspberries.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    A shake: frozen berries, spinach, protein powder, chia or flax seeds, liquid vitamins and depending on how naughty or sweet I want to make it will add a little banana, yogurt, or juice in it too. It's perfect to drink on my morning and I feel happy that I got most of my vitamins in.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love:
    - boars head low sodium deli turkey wrapped in avocado & dubliner cheese dipped in yellow mustard with an apple or orange and almond milk with rice chex
    or
    - fage greek yogurt, fruit, kind bar

• maceyanglin
    maceyanglin Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2 Eggs w/ sirachi (sp?) sauce 2 Bacon and a Banana and a Dr.Pepper 10
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5 days a week I have this smoothie:
    • 1 medium banana (sliced and frozen)
    • 1/5 package silken tofu
    • 1 cup vanilla soy milk, light or regular
    • 2 scoops Aria protein powder
    Put all in a blender for about a minute. (If I'm feeling chocolatey I add a scoop of Ovaltine.) Comes in around 300 calories, depending on your soy milk. Other non-dairy milks would taste good, but they don't pack nearly as much protein. Regular milk is good, too, but not as rich for a thicker consistency. Also gives me about 7 grams of fiber and over 25 grams of protein!

Other days it's low fat organic yogurt with berries, frozen or fresh depending on the time of year, sometimes with low fat granola.
  • LosingOnPasta
    LosingOnPasta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal pretty much every morning. So many different ways to make it, I can never get bored of it. Overnight oats are pretty amazing for busy mornings
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Weekdays it's usually this 0sr495xwsawz.jpg

On the weekends it's usually crumpets, or scrambled eggs with bacon and toast.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No matter what, I have Greek yogurt every morning. Whatever goes with it varies depending on the day...cereal (Honey Nut Cheerios or Life), eggs and turkey sausage, breakfast sandwich/burrito, or mix the plain yogurt with fruit and granola.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Usually black coffee and two eggs...microwaved in a coffee mug

once in a while a cheese omelette...I have a microwave omelette maker than makes it simple.

Occasionally just some yogurt or cottage cheese or an apple with peanut butter.

Once in a great while, dinner leftovers.

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite is falafel with yogurt on top. I make baked falafel ahead of time. Then I just heat them in the microwave and throw some yogurt on top. Yummy! Falafel are basically ground chickpeas (garbanzos) with parsley and spices. They are traditionally deep fried but are just as easily baked. There are lots of recipes on the web.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weekdays it's usually instant chia porridge or some kind of granola/muesli, with milk or yogurt, and always fruit and coffee.
    Weekends it's usually some combination of eggs, bacon, toast or pancakes.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs cooked in a tablespoon of butter with a pinch of salt and pepper, takes 5 mins :) Or 2 boiled eggs and wholemeal toast with minimal butter, or 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk and sweetener.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Porridge made with almond milk, topped with blueberries and mixed seeds.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    hard boiled eggs plus fruit, 6oz of lowfat yogurt plus fruit, or a small bowl of oats/hot cereal or cold cereal, or 2 slices of bread, toasted. On sunday I have pancakes usually, but this sunday it was waffles.

and I always have a cup of coffee, with a splash of milk in it.
  • lrenaee
    lrenaee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    •Overnight oats (with almond milk and berries)
    •Whole wheat English muffin or toast with 1 tbsp of peanut butter with half a bananna
    •1 fried egg on top of sauteed kale
    •2 slices of turkey bacon with a hard boiled egg

That's what I eat most of the time! Sometimes pancakes at IHOP ;)
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Homemade muesli (weighed and measured ingredients including things like chia seeds, LSA, psyllium husk); greek yogurt; trim milk; and then either 50gs of banana or some blueberries. Keeps me full for hours. 1600 - 1700 kjs depending on fruit used. 1500kjs with no fruit. Haven't read all the replies, as at work, but essential: must include protein. As others have mentioned: eggs, yogurt, low fat milk etc.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Recently: 2 Wheeta Bix, Almond milk, a banana (or apple or strawberries)
  • peaceloveabby01
    peaceloveabby01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The biggest apple I can find in the store (love apples typically honeycrisp) and a bowl of 1 cup Special K red berries with 1 cup of silk unsweetened cashew milk. And black coffee. That's necessary lol.
    But before I eat anything I always have a glass of warm lemon water to get things moving. Most of the time I add flax seeds to that drink as well. Not the most appetizing thing but it really helps my digestion
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Non-fat Greek yogurt, 2 T granola, 2 c. fresh fruit. Or, Cheerios with skim milk, 2 c. fresh fruit. Or, peanut butter sandwich. On the weekend, eggs scrambled with vegetables and goat cheese.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For me almost always whole wheat english muffin, 1 'fried' egg and a couple shaved slices of blackforest ham. i will usually have that with a greek yogurt or some fruit all 5 days of the week