what the heck does NSV mean?

Options
Newbie question - what is NSV?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory (good things that are happening that aren't a number on the scale).

My favorite NSV: lowered resting heart rate.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. Thx a bunch!
  • Agarland34
    Agarland34 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I had no idea either. Lol
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    While we're at it... What does bump mean?
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    people "bump" a thread when it's about to fall off the front page but they haven't had a suitable reply they are satisfied with yet.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    dwsummers1 wrote: »

bump is an acronym for Bring up my post.

You'll notice the threads at the top of the page are the ones that have recently been commented on, right? If your original question has yet to be answered or you still want others to see the thread you can "BUMP" the thread back up to the top.

it's a way to post to the thread without actually having a new comment.

UNFORTUNATELY, on myfitnesspal, people always use "BUMP" on threads they want to come back to at a later date. This is because mfp doesn't have a way to save threads you want to see later. Usually if you see someone other than the original poster saying "BUMP" on a thread it's because they are saving it to come back to later.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Aaahh, thank you for asking this...I was wondering what NSV meant too!!!
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

You'll notice the threads at the top of the page are the ones that have recently been commented on, right? If your original question has yet to be answered or you still want others to see the thread you can "BUMP" the thread back up to the top.

UNFORTUNATELY, on myfitnesspal, people always use "BUMP" on threads they want to come back to at a later date. This is because mfp doesn't have a way to save threads you want to see later. Usually if you see someone other than the original poster saying "BUMP" on a thread it's because they are saving it to come back to later.
    FYI - that used to be the case but with the new forums (for better or worse) you can keep track of topics you want to come back to by "bookmarking" it using the star in the upper right corner.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    dorkyfaery wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »

FYI - that used to be the case but with the new forums (for better or worse) you can keep track of topics you want to come back to by "bookmarking" it using the star in the upper right corner.

True. But you could bookmark the threads back in the day too. :P For some reason it was just reason it was just easier to click on "my threads" when it was still around.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    What's IIFYM? I think those are the letters?
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

If it fits your macros.
  • jjdaesmith
    jjdaesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    W_Northrop wrote: »

If it fits your macros.

I don't even know what that means when I see it in words. :D
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It's okay guys. We all started from there. Life is a learning process. :)
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    jjdaesmith wrote: »
    W_Northrop wrote: »

If it fits your macros.

I don't even know what that means when I see it in words. :D

Haha yeah, I've never done it but from what I understand - people have a certain number of carbs, proteins, and fats (macros) that they want to consume each day. No more than those. So the saying comes about that they can eat whatever they want as long as it fits their macros. IIFYM, you can eat it. It's pretty popular with the people on bodybuilding's website.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    IIFYM -- I take it to mean your specific division of carbs, fats, proteins. For example, I do lower (not low) carb, lower fat & higher protein than MFP set for me -- theirs was 50/30/20 (C/F/P), mine is set to 45/25/30 -- slightly lower carbs, slightly lower fat, moderately higher protein -- because that's what I want for myself. Today's current nutritional pie chart has my carbs at 60 % for what I've eaten & planning on eating for the rest of the day, so in the calories I have remaining, I will go higher fat & protein & possibly pull one of my carb items that's already in there to bring it back down. No popcorn for snack tonight!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!